Mega Man II $2.99 -> 99c

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Agas, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011

Mega Man® II

Be sure to check out the all-new Mega Man X now available in the App Store.
    ---------------------------------------…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Be sure to check out the all-new Mega Man X now available in the App Store.
    ------------------------------------------------

Mega Man® is back and better than ever in this updated version of the legendary platformer. For the hardcore Mega Man fan, the new Classic Mode allows you to experience the game in its original incarnation with all the enemies, movement and action you remember.

More casual players can toggle off Classic Mode and enjoy a rebalanced gameplay experience with more forgiving controls, scaled-down enemies and an auto-fire option.

Both modes can now be played in landscape mode in addition to the portrait mode that was available in the original release.
    Features:
    * Utilize top-down virtual game controls in either portrait or landscape.
    * New Classic Mode for hardcore Mega Man fans.
    * Battle your way through 14 levels, and conquer 8 Robot Masters, each with a unique weapon!
    * Bringing the original classic NES game to the palm of your hand!
    Check out other awesome games from Capcom: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2010, Are You Smarter Than A 5TH Grader?™ 2010, Mega Man® II, KENKEN®, Resident Evil: Degeneration™, Resident Evil® 4 Ghosts™‘N Goblins, Street Fighter® IV and more!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CapcomMobile
    Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CapcomMobile
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Arcade
    Release:Mar 26, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    ok, THIS i'm tempted to pick up... specially since i really liked it when i played it a few months ago...

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'm tempted too, though I'm wondering if the cut-down screen will be too tiny on my iTouch 4 to play effectively and enjoy.

4. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I don't know about this game. Looks like Capcom made it have such a little tiny screen and surrounded it with big borders and big buttons. I know it's only 99 cents, but playing that on a small iPhone screen doesn't look worth it. What do you guys think?

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I'll take the plunge, the sad part is never played this on my NES or SNES. I don't know why, maybe me tastes have changed. Will leave impressions later, tomorrow at the latest.

6. sugimulm

Save your money :(. Played both on iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (2x). First thing that comes to mind, the controls are horrible, on both. Unresponsive and for starters, the iPhone 4, small screen and you will have trouble hitting the d-pad and buttons. On the iPad 2, the screen is portrait with a joystick and buttons, reminiscent of the old arcade, but that is all the positives here. Granted I played only a few minutes, but the controls are that bad. Spend your .99 elsewhere, not here. Not a Megaman veteran, but a gamer,and it is sad what Capcom has done to a legendary game.

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Thanks for the heads-up. I was hoping against all hope that it would at least play okay, despite how tiny the screen was going to be. Guess I'll wait for Mega Man X to go on sale and get an update or two, and hope it plays better.

8. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    You're a good man, Sugimulm, a good man. Hopefully others will follow Sega's lead with Sonic CD.

9. sugimulm

Thanks rpgmind, I was in an inquisitive mood about the game, but now I know and hope others heed this warning.

10. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    As weird as it sounds, I actually enjoyed this game a lot and didn't have problem with the controls at all. Yes it was supposed to be a very hard game and people said the controls are terrible, but I managed to finish it and loved it more than many platformers with better reviews at TA. Maybe because most of the new platformers are bite-sized and retro wannabe, while this one is a real retro classic and the level designs are genius.

11. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    ^this.... i played this a few months ago and couldn't understand the complaints about the controls....

anyways i bought it last night and played a bit... killed Wood Man no problem...

sure the screen is a bit small, but once you get past that, it's a fun game :D (Keep in mind that the Megaman X app pissed me off like there's no tomorrow... i left some impression on it over it's thread)

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    great time to have this one go on sale... with the release of Mega Man X and all that...

Fantastic game. I also had no problem with the controls. Considering how difficult the game is, I was surprised that I was able to beat it with the virtual controls... they work THAT well. It did take me a while to get use to the small screen, but after I did... was hooked til I completed it.

**edit**

just curious... has anyone bought this one?

AUTOBOY

****** Easy Mode Added In This Update !! ******

AUTOBOY is a 8bit style 2D action game. You need to control Aut…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ****** Easy Mode Added In This Update !! ******

AUTOBOY is a 8bit style 2D action game. You need to control Autoboy and use your skill to defeat all Evil robot. Every evil robot has their own different moves and attacks.When defeated all the evil robot, the evil master" Mister Joker" is waiting for you ! Are you ready for a new challenge ?

********************STORY********************

Year A.D.21xx, in the venue of the world new energy conference. Professor Gordon and his son Andy, announced their world changing invention, the"A.U.T.O. ENERGY". But the prototype sudden stole by " The Greastest Criminal - Mister Joker". Mister Joker bring the prototype back to his base and start to attack the venue. But Professor Gordon still have one last prototype, he use it to empower his another invention, the" A.U.T.O. Shooter" and quickly hand it to Andy, hoping him can bring the prototype back. Andy armed himself with the Auto Shooter. Then he transform into the Super Hero "AutoBoy" !! And immediate rush toward Mister Joker's base...

This update includes:
    Game Center Supported,
    Game Center Achievements,
    Easy Mode Added,

AUTOBOY Game Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6A4No0liqo
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:May 17, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

13. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Really? I thought Megaman X would have better controls?

I finished Megaman II and it was great. Can't understand why the controls for Megaman X aren't at least as good, if not better?

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It was okay for a buck. Very short levels with the focus on (very hard) boss fights.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    thanks for the info! =o)

16. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    they're responsive... but MMX is a game you need to dash and jump a lot.... and dash jump from walls... in order to dash you have to press down on the dpad and towards the direction you wanna jump.... Flame Mammoth OWNED me on my second try against him cuz the dash wouldnt come out right...

17. Justgodude

Justgodude Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    New York
    Many instances of me falling down the pit trying to wall climb...oh the frustration