Braid [$3.99 Sale]

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by Barak, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    #1 Barak, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011
    For those who have never played it, one of my favorite indie games is available in the Mac App Store, and on sale: Braid. It is only $4.99 and TOTALLY worth the money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

***STORE LAUNCH SPECIAL 50% OFF for a Limited Time!***

Play the game that Macworld named as one of the best! Braid is a platform game in a painterly style where you manipulate the flow of time to solve puzzles. Every puzzle in Braid is unique. There is no filler. Braid does everything it can to give you a mind-expanding experience. Journey into worlds where time behaves strangely; observe, learn from, and then master these worlds. Braid has received tremendous acclaim from critics all around the world. Created by Jonathan Blow and Number None.

Critical Reception:

Macworld Editor's Choice Award winner: "When it came time to select the best Mac apps of the year, we started with the list of the roughly 250 Mac programs we reviewed over the past 12 months. After much discussion, we whittled that list down to just 13 that we deemed worthy of our Editors' Choice Award"

"Braid's artistic design is as imaginative as its puzzles. The whimsical world looks like a painting come to life." IGN

"One of the most interesting, satisfying, beautiful game experiences I've ever had." Destructoid

"Beyond Braid's enchanting hand-painted visual style, beyond its often haunting score, and beyond its musings on love and personal growth... Braid is one of the most progressive platform/puzzle games we've played in years." IGN Australia

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/braid/id411902645?mt=12

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    That was unexpected. Heard quite a few good things about this game.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It's a cool game, but I got it as part of the Humble Indie Bundle, I believe it was, prior to xmas. It's not a surprising development, because it was already available on the Mac this way.

On a side note, I really wish there were a way to tie your previous purchases into the Mac App Store. I'd like to manage updates there.

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Wow, wasn't expecting this. I own it on the 360 and it truly is a great game. Get it while it is on sale. ;)

5. HMAudio

HMAudio Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Audio Designer
    Toronto
    Had an absolute blast working on this project. Definitely pick it up if you haven't seen it yet!

6. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    As much as I'd like to play this game, I dont really game much on the mac (neither on my PS3 for that matters). Keeping my fingers crossed for an ipad port soon. That will be an insta buy for me.

7. Rags4

Rags4 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Florida, US
    Anyone have any idea how long this will stay on sale?

8. amroc

amroc Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Male
    Games Programmer
    London, England
    #8 amroc, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    I remember someone on Twitter asking a while back what people thought were the best indie games they'd ever played. I said Braid, and I still stand by that.

I know where you're coming from, but I'd have to say that Braid is a game that really suits a physical controller of some sort.

9. zachawry

zachawry Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Maybe better on computer

I'm enjoying it a lot, but I have to say it might be better suited to a keyboard or other hard controller. IF a good port could be made for the iPad, that would be sweet, though....

All in all, an excellent, mind-bending game.

10. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    It really is an incredible game. I've played it before but haven't gotten super far. OH GOD! As I type this i'm I keep hitting shift to turn back time and see everything erase -__- i've been playing for too long.

11. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Braid and super meat boy are my favs. :)

12. NiCOOo

NiCOOo Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Guys, I'm wondering: where can I find the Braid savegame?
    In order to restore it in my other computer (MBP <-> iMac) for example?

Also, I have an old savegame from the 2009 version (same game) and it could be great to restore it. Any help, power users? :D

Thanks!

13. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Awesome Xbox 360 game. Already bought it for the TV, so kinda pointless getting it for my Mac Mini media center system...hopefully an iPad port is on the way, definitely would buy it for on the go gaming.

14. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    $1.99 sale.

Damn. I know I wont be playing it on the mac at all. Anyways, Bought :D

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Same here. This is the third game I've bought on the Mac AS, but I know I probably won't ever launch this one ever either. Just got it since it's at the top and it's on sale xD.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #16 pluto6, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    Braid by Hothead Games

This is a great time / puzzle type game. I own it for PS3 and its wonderful. Now on sale for only $0.99! Definitely worth a look. It is very challenging, and has a lot of replayability to try and get perfect scores.

17. cousinmerl

cousinmerl Well-Known Member

awsome game - played it to bits on the xbox, this is a pretty good deal.

18. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Thats awesome!
    If only I had a Mac.

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I got it even cheaper than $0.99 and still didn't play it :p

20. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member