The NFL Thread - Because football is awesome.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by k1lljoy_89, Jan 3, 2013.

1. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Yeah I'm definately looking forward to watching these guys careers.

You do realize all my long winded rants are light hearted and just my observations and opinions on the subject of future success.

And @SID that gif was just added to my massive collection

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Dont worry i take them that way. As always on a forum you cant tell the tone of the conversation but you said originally it was all light hearted so when i read your posts i take them that way.

Its only though that in the last 27 years of being an NFL fan i've heard so many fans over the years praise one player like theyre some teenage girl whos obsessed with Justin Bieber, you talk to them a few years later and they laugh when they admit that 'great WR' they raved on about was in fact rubbish.

But thats whats so great about sports, so many different stories, trades/draft picks - will they be great like they were in college or not etc ? So many stories.

One friend was a Redskins fan and a big college football fan. Now i dont mind college football but i've heard again for the 13241241th time that 'this rookie QB will blow the NFL away....' and all because they put up 60 points against some crappy defense in college doesnt equate to the pros.

Anyway he was convinced Steve Spurrier would create a revolution even with the likes of Danny Wuerrfel (his record settting QB at Florida) in the NFL

Did that happen ? Hell no ! Wuerrfel was dire, Spurrier was sacked and went back with his tail between his legs to the college game.

When the Raiders cut Jeff George their rocket armed QB and brought in Rich 'noodle arm' Gannon the backup of the Chiefs i thought NOOOO. Give me the rocket arm of George over Gannon the perrenial backup.

4 years later, 4 pro bowls and a superbowl appearance and i realised i might have been a big hasty about Gannon ;)

Kurt Warner i saw play in NFL Europe, thought he was very good but when he had to start for the Rams (As their starter Trent Green was injured in preseason) lots of people thought surely Vermeil will sign a veteran QB but no he went with Warner. So glad Warner did well, no one thought that would happen !

Thats what i love about the NFL, all these experts tell you stuff and its hardly ever right, plus in todays free agency NFL teams go from 5-11 to 11-5 year after year which gives us all hope ! Very difficult to predict things anymore

3. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Yeah you're completely right. And perfect examples. It'll really be interesting watching these guys turn into whatever their gonna turn into.

Thats why I'm so skeptical about really anybody, and why I don't want to say Wilson/Kap/rg3/luck will have great careers. Because everyone says they will.

That's also why I say Cam will.. Because It has nothing to do with mags and media. And because everyone said/says he wouldn't/won't.

I studied the guy in college just cuz I liked his swag and he was getting some attention. I told everyone he was a the shit, and then he won the heismen. I then told everyone that he will succeed in the NFL, and he got drafted by my team, and had the greatest rookie season ever.

I studied him harder this year then ever.. Three years of studying the guy, I just feel like I can honestly say two things.

1. He will succeed beyond that of some of these other rookie's career
    2. I'm not biased in that thinking. Just knowledged in the ways of Mr. Cameron Newton.

You might say that is biased cuz I haven't studied everyone else, but I feel like I can talk about newton without bias, because I was doing it before he was doing the superman.

Anyhoo...

4. Beckio

Beckio Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I'm from England, UK and love the Redskins :D

5. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    conference finals day today! i don't know about the early match, but in the AFC, i have a feeling that the patriots' time has come to go all the way meaning win today and win SB in two weeks too.

6. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    49ers are gonna spank the falcons
    Ravens better beat the pats

That is all

7. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    If the falcons win I will hang myself.

8. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Falcons are picking apart the 'niners.

:D

9. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Matthew Ice will melt. He always does. He can't take Harbaugh's football team, so long as SF pulls it together.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Call that shit a comeback. SB bound.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well great comeback by the Niners, thought the Falcons were cruising when they were up 17-0 and then scored late in the first half back to 24-14.

Great game to watch, now is the one i'm interested in. Its 11.07pm here, going to stay up to watch the AFC Game, please please Patriots lose !

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The Pats better not lose after knocking out the Texans.

13. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Told ya man, Matty Ice melts.

I like the patriots and everything, but I hope Ray Lewis and the other Harbaugh make it to the Super Bowl.

14. spikeyflip

spikeyflip Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Mmm hmmm looking more and more like the harbowl :p

15. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Damn. Love it.

Matty Ice melted.

Ray Lewis's final game will be the Super Bowl.

Harbaugh brothers Super Bowl 47

16. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  17. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #117 k1lljoy_89, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    Lmao. That Harbaugh rage was epic

It's funny. You'll never hear a word about Brady kicking Reed.

Cam Newton pushes a guy pinning his leg down, all you hear about.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well watched the game till 2.30am GMT in the UK, very tired today but very very happy the Patriots didnt win. Bellichik adds to his 'image' by not giving a post-game interview, very poor.

Thought the Pats were very average, some strange decisions punting the ball and not going for it on 4th.

Unsure who i want to win the Superbowl but for now i'm happy its not the Pats

19. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    taunts and lollies. taunts, and lollies. :mad:

20. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I'm not sure who I want either. But I'm finding it hard to pull against Ray Lewis