Universal Temple Run (by Imangi Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    There's now NO excuse not to get it!

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This game is awesome! Imangi has done it again! Definitely the most creative endless runner I've played in a while!

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I picked it up while free and yes it's fun. Probably one of the more challenging running games I've played too.

4. ceka

ceka Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Really nice game. Fast-paced, easy to learn, makes you want to play again. Nice in-game graphics, great art style in the menus (especially the death screens, objective lists etc. - the main menu is not as "great".)

I think a few challenge modes would be nice: shorter games where you try to beat your previous best without multiplier modifications. Just an example: trying to set a high score in 30 seconds where the scoring depends on many things that you can improve (etc.)

Personal request: I think the swamp texture could be bit more detailed without challenging the machine much. I think it takes away from the general graphics. Maybe some motion? some mist/smoke? or even just more varied texture? I like the garphics other than that. Also, I'm pretty sure you won't be doing this one but some sort of death animation would be better than the runner going invisible. Maybe he quickly turns into a skeleton? It is obvious that you chose not to spend some time there and I think you can hide that fact with a simple trick.

Good game, recommend to everybody
    Good luck

5. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    You know, the one thing that I think is lacking in this game is the sound... I mean the sound effects are good and all, but the music is just mediocre.

Just my thoughts...

Great game though! :D

6. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    a bunch of angry apes are chasing after me. hmm... just like in real life

sweet game :)

7. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    #2 Top Free in the US! :eek: <---- (Temple Run icon face)

Thanks to everyone for picking it up. It's great you guys are enjoying it. Tell your friends! Get us to #1!

We're working on the next update already. Got some new characters and bug fixes coming soon!

No, we developed our own 3D engine. It's the same engine we used in our other games (Max Adventure, Harbor Master, Little Red Sled).

Cool ideas, thanks!

I actually wrote about 3 different soundtracks for the game, and none of them worked. None of them fit in with the theme well enough, and since the game is so fast paced, hearing music over and over again in the background when your adrenaline is so high got annoying. It was driving me absolutely crazy. That's why we decided to go with the drumbeats in the end. It gives it a sense of pace and excitement, has that adventure/jungle vibe, but doesn't get annoying.

Haha - so what do you do for a living? Sounds exciting :)

8. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I love the soundtrack great work guys!!!

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Awesome about #2 Top Free!!!!! :D

Ahhh, I see. Well, you know best! haha Still an awesome game!

10. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Haha thanks, glad all my suffering was not for naught!

Thanks! And don't worry, I definitely appreciate the input. Somehow this was our hardest game to score so far.

11. Evileggplant

Evileggplant New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Great Great Game :D Well done

12. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Snagged this while being free. Great game, folks. :)

13. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    looks like after fully upgrading magnet, it became really rare powerup, or it just seems so?

14. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Great game.

Is there a way to take the ads off? I wanted the 2500 coins but now I feel the need to take the ads away. I'll give up 10000 coins for no ads, 20000 coins :eek:

15. Junpei

Junpei Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Truly a great and addictive endless runner!

One thing is bothering me, though... it seems that Game Center can't pick up my achievements at all, and so I'm left with a score of 0 despite having unlocked a good half of them...

I saw some of my friends playing Temple Run as well, but their achievements list is empty too even if they are ahead of me on the leaderboards!

So, is it a known problem or am I doing something wrong? I even tried to delete and reinstall the app with no success...

Well, other than that, thanks again for this wonderful little gem! :D

16. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    I had that issue with achievements as well. Basically I got them to show up in Game Center after clicking Objectives and then going to Game Center via the Game Center icon there.

17. Junpei

Junpei Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Oh, thanks, that worked! Happy jogging, then! ;)

18. donaldsgal

donaldsgal New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    #198 donaldsgal, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
    How do you use resurrect? I have 7 in stock and have tried double tapping when I die, but to no avail. Help, please?

And am I missing something? I installed a free version, but I don't have any voice for the runners..

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I was confused by that too. What you have to do is double tap at any point during the run *before* you die. Then when you die you'll be resurrected. It's weird and, yes, confusing.

20. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, this gets a little frustrating, cuz it disappears if you have it active for too long, for example; I buy one, then I play a game, and once I get to around 3000m I'm thinking "Crap, I'm gonna die! D:" so I double tap(or try to if I don't die in the process :p) and then I end up lasting longer than I thought, and then it disappears and I die right after it disappears. A good 500 coins wasted. :/

Not hating or anything, AWESOME AWESOME game, just merely sayin'. :D