Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (August 29)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Aug 30, 2013.

?

What was your favorite release from the week August 29?

Poll closed Sep 6, 2013.
  1. Junk Jack X

40.2%
  2. Terraria

28.0%
  3. Joining Hands 2

3.7%
  4. 868-HACK

15.9%
  5. BlastTrax

7.5%
  6. Link the Slug

2.8%
  7. Soul Grinder

0.9%
  8. Max Steel

0.9%
  1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's nice to see JJX and Terraria fans paying respect to both games. It feels to me like this is still a relatively new genre and there are so many directions it can expand into (Block Fortress, anyone?), so it'll really benefit the players by supporting the creativity of as many developers as possible and seeing what incredible and innovative new ideas they can come up with. I'm hoping it won't be long before we get one that'll actually let us launch into space and land on new worlds without a load screen. Kerbal Space Program-style, but with terraforming.

2. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Well, there is that space themed Minecraft alike game on steam that is in beta that looks awesome... The name escapes me, but its a good looking game visually!

3. Jayenkai

Jayenkai Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    I've tried to purposely steer clear of "builder" type games.
    Not because I don't like them. In fact it's exactly the opposite.
    I have my own "builder" challenge, and that's AGameAWeek, where every week I write a brand new game. That's plenty to keep my mind occupied, and there's always something new to play with.
    But in order to keep up such a rate, I tend to avoid games that I KNOW will Suck Me In..
    World builders, "sims" type things, and other such games are on my No-Go list.
    I've recently bought Animal Crossing, which is a HUGE timesink for me. Terrible! But it's simple enough that I can relax for a couple of hours at a time, and not have to worry about AGameAWeek for a little while.

.. But otherwise, I tend to avoid that sort of thing.

I've voted for 868-Hack, because that's the only other one out of the list that I've played. What can I say, I might be good at coming up with these things, but I'm certainly not much of a player!!