Pocket Academy Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CrisisInNeed, Jul 1, 2011.

1. CrisisInNeed

CrisisInNeed Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Student
    Sydney,nsw,australia
    Yet again, kairosoft has ruined my life. I am in love with Pocket Academy.... But i found it extremely difficult to go anywhere as i kept on losing money!
    I either thought that i was horrible at that game or well, its just hard. So this why I started a thread for Pocket academy help. I havent played long enough to give you a full guide but.... Na i got no tips, but i bet someone in TA does. So if you have any tips or a guide post it here!

2. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Man i keep gettin my ass handed to me but i think you have to only have the number of teachers as the same number of classrooms you have. Also the more students you have the more money you get, but watch how many facilities they have as they cost to keep em there.

hope this helps. Im only on the second year.

3. xypex982

xypex982 Member

Mar 29, 2010
    #3 xypex982, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    Open fields, chickens, and bunny farms. Easy cash. However I got rare raddish seeds and don't know how to plant them in my field!

4. chiemikoneko

chiemikoneko Member

Feb 27, 2011
    I've had some trouble starting out. I'm on my fifth year in Lakeside map and I just had as many teachers as classrooms, kept doing challenges when my chances were 75%+, and held off as many facilities as possible until my challenges were maxed and I was $10k+. I'm at about $15k after quite a few facilities, so it just takes a while to get above debt.

edit: fields and chickens helped a lot!

5. CrisisInNeed

Apr 8, 2011
    Student
    Sydney,nsw,australia
    *raddish Lol.
    I got them as well and i think it is used with the fields. Try giving it to a student?

6. xypex982

xypex982 Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Guess it was just used after a while, so now sometimes I get an $80 crop.

7. CrisisInNeed

Apr 8, 2011
    Student
    Sydney,nsw,australia
    For some reason, i reckon its unfair that the the teachers salary is more than the whole payment from the students which means... NO PROFIT! Hmm i need to rething strategy

8. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    Imma say this. Its super difficult in the 1st year but in the 2cd and 3rd and onward, if your doing the challeges, then your students will make more then teachers and all my teachers are lvl 3.

A few tips that got me through it so far:
    -Fields, and animal is easy money and builds up fast.
    -Take your time.
    -Dont buy to much stuff in a month because you will loose money fast.
    -Spot Guide is your student friends, and plants that boost students.
    -utilize the area. Dont be afraid to build more ground down.
    - also leave space for students to move.
    -Clubs is a must.
    -also, dont be afraid to delete stuff.
    -At the beggining when its only round 4-5 kids, dont lets them go to trips unless its not near a test date but when you get to over that, then let them go everywhere.
    -Dont forget to hire teachers and lvl then up. It cost but its worth it in the long run.
    -Special classes, Special Classes, SPECIAL CLASSES!!!
    - and same goes for Challenges.
    -Use the aura from students to pass challenges but if its near a test date, use it for special classes.
    - Last but not least, your points need to be spend wisely because at the beggining, you dont get alot but at when you get more students, you will overwhelmed with points and with points, you can get research plans and more.

just a few tips i think helped me.

9. frosky12

frosky12 New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Tips

If you want to get through Y1 without going into debt, you max out your challenges first, since you can do 2 every month, you pump most of the income you get into it, no problems if you fail, you get badly needed research points that you can use on researches or special classes. This ensures you get the most of your students.

Also, in Y1, try not to get more than 2 teachers, as any more will severely cause your income to become negative. 2 teachers ensure you still have a slight increase in your money to do stuff with.

Also, try not to relocate your snack store, as it gives slightly small income ( bigger if you surround it with scenery or spots). If you relocate, you will find your income will drop, and unable to rebuild it as it's cost is quite hefty.

As you go longer in the run, the things you have to count on now is researching of duck/pig/gator/cow. They give a huge amount of money, and is more worth the sale price/upkeep than the chicken and rabbit. Also, fields will automatically use the new seeds they acquire, so no intervention of student and field interaction is actually needed.

During graduation day (if you survive that long), if the students that are graduating are all doing lowly paid jobs, you had better change them all to higher paid ones, and if you want and wish to, it should also be possible to make them all into CEO jobs, so if you have 6 students graduating into CEOs, you should roughly have 3% of 900k, which would be an income of $27000

I hope this helps, it took some time for me to get an idea of how to get some money.

10. Sulphate

Sulphate Member

Jul 3, 2011
    How do you get more challenges? No more challenges after reaching P.E.? :(

11. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    its more but i can get them. I know its once when your school becomes ivy league.

12. CrisisInNeed

Apr 8, 2011
    Student
    Sydney,nsw,australia
    Thank you very much!

13. rekirtS

rekirtS Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    is it wise to send the kids to college or just the highest paying job?

14. BenVdd

BenVdd New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    I don't get how you can even make a profit in the first year... only have played 1 year so far...

with 1 teacher and doing my best at the challanges...

15. Archerpro

Archerpro New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Pocket Academy help

First off for everyone struggling, don't worry it won't be long before like game dev and hot springs where you will have to much money to know what to do with!

Ok here are some tips, I have finished this game a couple of times and have never had to restart:
    - Spots these are hugely important
    - Challenges max these all out
    - in the beginning 5 or so years have 1 teacher, get more when you have the students
    - Special classes!!
    - Keep your year groups together
    - School spirit is important not only for couples but for aura as well
    - Clubs, I haven't found these extremely useful but can get you some helpful power ups
    - Budget, many people restart because they try and make there school great at the beginning, wait grow slowly and work your way up watching your budget, make sure ur teachers and facilities are not over expensive
    - Fire and Delete don't be afraid it is important to your money, it can always comeback when u have more students
    - Events, great for getting money making items, fishing rod from field stroll and camera for the art gallery thing
    - Spread out, don't cluster to much in one area
    - Only take dig shows and stuff if your budget is balanced and you need money, NEVER near test dates

Extra a hidden spot: Waiting Spot
    Restroom
    Bulletin Board
    Big rock

16. barbicoh

barbicoh Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2011
    In the first year you really wouldn't profit that's why it's important you don't spend your 20k cash reserve early on (plus the 5k grant when your money is low)

Do not expand to 2 classrooms (build classrom 1-2) when prompted to. Focus on making your students smarter with special classes first so that you could complete the challenges to level 5 and get a better school ranking during test time also research a bit so that you could also build popular spots.

That's the important part only research facilities that would yield you popular spot combinations in the early part at least since popular spots really help your school.

Highest paying job they could acquire. Unlike real life the graduates can instantly become Spies and CEO's (150k salary) so if they can achieve it come placement exam time by all means change their careers to Spy or CEO

17. inundated

inundated Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Sydney, AUS
    I'm in dire need of students - numbers have halved, only have 7/25 potential students.

18. Archerpro

Archerpro New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Up your exam results!! Make pop spots and have a decent amount of facilities but do not go over your budget!

New pop spot:Shopping Spot
    Snack Store
    Cafeteria
    tiny Mart

19. BenVdd

BenVdd New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Thanks for all the help guys, i'll try this now!

20. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    How longs the game go on for I'm on the 6th year at the minute and is it anything like Game Dev Story that when you beat it once the next game is slightly easier.

Also if anyone has a list of good teachers it would be useful.