Skate N Crash - Android Mobile Game

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by fatboxsoftware, Mar 12, 2014.

1. fatboxsoftware

fatboxsoftware Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    I've finally finished up a short term project called Skate N Crash. It's an endless runner, with a skater and obstacles you have to trick off of. The game took about 5 days to complete. I'm willing to share code or insights into how anything in the game was accomplished. Just shoot away if you have any questions.

Skate N Crash on Google Play

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I can't find the game in the Dutch Play store, but I just wanted to say that I love that you have a female character in your gameplay video who actually looks like a skater. That's really awesome.

3. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    @Lena - It should be in there soon. Takes time to propagate across some of the stores I suppose. I set it to be in basically just about every store in the world. Thanks for noticing the skater!

4. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    Just got the newly submitted build published to the Google Play link. I took almost all player feedback so far and implemented the changes in this version. Plan on putting through updates each week, sometimes minor art additions, bug fixes, etc.

Updated Bug Fixes and/or Improvements:

1.) Removed "Jump" Button to allow player to tap anywhere on the screen to jump.
    2.) Removed fixed orientation for Landscape Right. App is now allowed to auto rotate to either Landscape Right or Landscape Left depending on how user is holding the device.
    3.) Improved response to jump tapping on screen, allowing user more rapid responses.
    4.) Improved texture for drop shadow underneath of the Player Character.

Brand new App Icon:

[​IMG]

5. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  6. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    App update is live right now. Got some nice additions and improvements in. I've implemented the ability to now exit the app using the Back Button on your Android Device. This was a big requested feature I overlooked. There are several performance improvements to physics. I've added in new player skins, you can customize the look of your character with the click of a button. There are now new trick moves by swiping up or down anywhere on screen. The board grab move is great for sliding through obstacles you always seemed to hit your head on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The promotion found in the comment above still applies this entire week!

7. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach