List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Thank you for this list. And thanks for getting the genre "right" (so many mix up action/adventure games with adventure games). Can't add to the list now, but the list is going to prove valuable to me as I look for more adventure games to play.

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  4. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Quick question about the AppNavi app. It is taking up 421MB on my iPhone I presume because of all the downloaded games. If I delete it and reinstall, will I keep all my points or will I lose them?

5. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    CYOA took me a while this morning...I must need more coffee!

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hopefully someone that uses it more will reply as well, but I believe you retain all of your points. In fact, deleting and reinstalling is the only way to get rid of the excess games, and that's according to IDAC themselves. I've discussed that with them, and I don't think they have any plans on changing that any time soon, either.

Well, as I think about it now, I believe there's another rationale for the acronym CYOA, though that wouldn't really apply to my post!

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks Eric. I have deleted it, reinstalled it, then held my breath as I logged in again. Happy to report, my points are still there and I now have 4.5GB free on my phone.

New Years Resolution - to finish all the unfinished games installed on my phone so I can delete them

8. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I actually thought you intended Cover Your A**, and could not figure out the O despite having a minor in cursing.
    I am with you there!! I had to upgrade my device just to get more space as there were too many I didn't want to delete until they were done, and not nearly enough hours in the week to get to them all!

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, you freed up that much space just be reinstalling AppNavi, or did you already have some space free? As for your New Year's resolution: good luck. If I tried that it would probably take me a couple of years to complete my resolution :)

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    While possibly a bit redundant, the O would stand for Own :)

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Had some free space already but just like to have a bit more. As per my New Years Res , I have decided to delete all the adventure games and start from scratch. I have quite a few that i have started but its a few months since I played them and now I don't know where I have got to. Will not upload a new one until the old one is finished. (I give it a week until a sparkly new app is released)

12. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Everything will be saved. I delete and reinstall often bc the downloads take up a lot of space:)

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I try to start and finish a game so I can delete it from my device:) if the game doesn't hold my attention, it tends to sit. I had a couple of those which I deleted :)

14. New IDAC 3D game -- Prank House.

15. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
  16. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Looks proper sexy in 3d - not like an IDAC game at all. Have you played it yet?

17. Nope. You? Is it worth buying?

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I have to admit that the whole "room escape" concept is starting to wear on me, but this does look pretty cool. Hopefully one of you guys will bite the bullet and end up giving this a thumbs up so I know if I should give it a try.

19. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Um that will be the sucker right here haha I bought the one yesterday so I may as well continue.......lol :)

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Here's an interesting one: ZDAY Survival Simulator. It's a CYOA style game that claims to prepare you for the coming zombie apocalypse. I love the iTunes description because it sounds like the developers are taking themselves way too seriously. However, if the game is as well written as the description it could be rather interesting. Besides, the artwork looks pretty cool. I'll probably end up picking this one up in the next day or two.