Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Chucky711

Chucky711 New Member

Jan 31, 2013
    While working hard at tunnelling duties on the "Super Donkey Subway", my little guy was distracted by a shiny gem.. and another.. and another. Well, to get to the point he ended up some 50 or so blocks lower than planned. That is when he saw this...
    photo (2).PNG

OOOh... new resources! But sadly not as mining only produced rock. PAINTED rock. Painted rock in the exact pattern as the S.D.S. project.
    photo.PNG

Anyone else discovered a naturally occurring feature mimicking their creations?
    (or is it a save bug)

2. SightSeeker5

SightSeeker5 New Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Lies. Eden was released in 2010 and Minecraft was released publicly in 2009. And that was when it was RELEASED. It was a long college project made in Sweden, and Eden was a ripoff of the pc version. Stop trying to be a know-it-all.:cool:

3. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    1.2 update coming in the next few weeks :)

Attached Files:

4. Osha

Osha New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    What if I ran out of iron, gold, etc? Will this ever happened? They don't respawn, right?

5. dr01mart

dr01mart New Member

Feb 7, 2013
    I'm on a first generation iPad and the app slows down a lot and occasionally crashes when ice is melting or forming on the oceans. It's very difficult to get across water unless it's all ice or all water.
    Also, I was walking a donkey over the ice. It got really slow. I got off the donkey and the donkey started sliding away to the right even though the it was just standing still. It was kind of funny, but then i did have to walk. So I just don't take donkeys across frozen oceans anymore.

I don't know if you work on these in the next update.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #426 VirtualBoyFreak, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    Didn't you notice I put the "iOS" for a reason? Learn to read. And you're mentioning my comment out of context, not to mention i'm not lying, just asking a question. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, but maybe you are...

7. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Nope, but with the sheer size if the world, it's unlikely that it would ever be a problem lol. It is 15 000 blocks wide with at least 500 blocks depth.
    More likely you'll stop digging iron because you have too much :D
    Clay is more likely to be a problem I guess because you only find it in the 5/10 blocks of dirt on the surface.

8. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    And that's now not a problem as you can craft clay with water & dirt. Yay!

Not sure about the rest if the 1.1 update yet and it's tweaks. It makes sense that clothes degrade but I'd rather they didn't (and what about the pole items? They are clothes after all)

9. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    After the update, it says there are 52 achievements, but only 45 currently show up in Game Center. Anyone found a missing achievement?

10. FlipBeef97

FlipBeef97 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2012
    Male
    On the official forum that he made, majicDave said that he forgot to flip a switch or something that turns them on, so in the next update which will be about a week, the new achievements will be there. :)

11. Ace42292

Ace42292 Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Diamonds!!

Okay, so we now have waterproof lanterns. My first cave dive (so to speak) I found an underground lake/river. I decided since I have 500+ waterproof lanterns, I'd go ahead and explore. In just the first lake/river I found 5 diamonds hiding in there, pretty close together. :eek:

12. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Does anybody else have unfixable crashing issues? As soon as i open my world it crashes. Its been like 3 weeks since i played, i refuse to start over. I was like half way to the center of the world with a hole over 20 blocks wide right under the ocean

13. staffordling

staffordling Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    It's good but add scuba gear for under water and a water/land flash light plz and ill still give 5 stars

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Thread is too long to read; what's the best way to find food at the start? I want to get something sustainable as soon as possible.

Also, can you find crystals in-game or is it only via IAP?

15. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Try to have a rapid look, lots of good advice ;)

You'll find fruits in the trees. Instead of eating them, plant them so you'll grow your own fruit yard (tap the dirt just under the surface while holding fruit or anything coming from a tree).

A lot of crystals in the caves. I found more than I could use. Be patient, scout for them, then dig a few only to build gem axes.
    There's a multiplier on what you dig if you finish digging with a gem axe (ie a diamond axe gives you 6 more crystals or iron or gold... from a single block)
    ;)

16. MarkDF

MarkDF Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    How do you send an intrepid explorer BH for a trip around the world? Since unexplored areas need a new tap every half screen or so that's a lot of micro-management. Is that what you meant or is there a simpler way to send a BH somewhere?

Thanks.

17. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Yeas that's what I meant, it takes a lot of time.
    I'd advise to have at least 2 Dudes, one staying in the HQ camp, crafting, mining... And the other doing the round trip.
    Be sure to load him with empty crates, a compete set of all the basic benches, a lot of torches/lanterns, a bed, a boat, and some good tools.
    The world is huuuuuuge, so don't send your guy unprepared ;)

1.2 update should be coming soon :)
    Tinfoil hats, works in the background, sharks... Man I'm looking forward to it :)

18. dr01mart

dr01mart New Member

Feb 7, 2013
    reset?

I used to have a lot of crashing issues, until an update fixed most of them. make sure you have the updates. Then try closing all of your apps in the multitasking bar, and restarting the device. Can you see the ocean on your screen? when I get near water that's freezing or melting it slows it down considerably but it hasn't crashed in quite a while

19. dr01mart

dr01mart New Member

Feb 7, 2013
    #439 dr01mart, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    My progress so far.

Here's my house, with a truly above ground pool.
    [​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/hkpRqPn
    I found an underground lake, and was having a little bit of trouble exploring it. Then I realized you can make underwater "bunkers". Make the ceiling and walls, and then remove the inner water with buckets.
    [​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/j9hwO4r
    Also, after I had gone around the world, I didn't know which poles were which. I think I have them labeled correctly now. but i recommend doing it the first time when the achievements tell you which pole it is.
    [​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/tU43VJd
    I still have yet to find coffee. I've gotten it by meditating once. and i planted it, but it didn't grow. I tried to pick it back up and plant it somewhere else but I destroyed it. It's possible I would've gotten it back if I used a golden shovel on the dirt I'm not sure. Today I just got another one by meditation and I heard to plant it in the tropics by mangos so I'll try that, and I'll plant it in compost. The first time was before the update so there was no compost.

My other recommendation is mine as few time crystals as you can until you can get a diamond pickaxe.

20. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Nice pics. I dig the Bunker in the ocean :)

Coffee beans are the hardest to find. My advice, golden shovel! Just dig dirt or sand until you have at least 3 coffee beans. And then plant them near your house. They take a while to spawn, be sure to check regularly.

1.2 update is around the corner, I'm back in the BH :D