Drilling games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Natron, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Sales & Marketing / Commercial Real Estate
    Los Angeles, CA
    #1 Natron, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    Hey there forum! Maybe this thread already exists, but I'm wondering if anybody knows of any Drilling games similar to the "I Dig It" series. Love this game series and would love to crack out on another game that's like em'

Downloaded and played "Drill Mania" last night and boy I'd save your money if your a fan of this genre, game freezes to load during game play and closes to home screen every few minutes. Happy i paid for another game that has an initial beta feel to it.. It's basically a more arcade approach compared to the I Dig It games, which is cool if it actually worked!

Any suggestions are appreciated y'all!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  3. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
  4. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    If you like arcade and digging maybe you'll like Dig Dug Remix and also C64 just released Boulder Dash II.
    Also maybe you want to check Gopher II.

5. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    You can check out Mole - Quest for the Terracore gem too. That's drilling.

But non drilling games like California Gold Rush 1 & 2 and Boulder Dash - Rocks are very good games too.

6. venasque

venasque Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
  7. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Sales & Marketing / Commercial Real Estate
    Los Angeles, CA
    Downloaded "Mole" can't wait to check it out when I get home. Looks spot on what I'm jonesin' for! Gonna check out Dig Dug Remix when I get home as well. Thanks guys!

8. McBacon

McBacon Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Space Miner isn't exactly a drilling game, although you can attach a big old drill to the front of your space ship, but it has a very similar style of gameplay to the fantastic I Dig it and the pretty cool Mole.

Like I Dig It, Space Miner is all about going out, collecting ore, coming back and upgrading your ship. There's also combat, side missions and a more cohesive storyline.

If you like I Dig It you might dig Space Miner. Check it out.

Sorry, that pun was horrible.