7 Deadly Dolls - [Horror Game][Paranormal Activity meets The Room]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThreeCubes, Jan 11, 2013.

1. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    [​IMG]
    7 Deadly Dolls

Test Icon, What do you think??

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    That icon is atmospheric but strikes me as a little busy with a lot of detail that will likely be lost when icon size. Very creepy imagery that makes me want to play the game that much more.

...Three Cubes is simultaniously working on chapter 2 of The Woods and 7 Deadly Dolls? Insanity.

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Wow, didn't notice this thread until now. I had seen this vaguely mentioned in the woods part 2. Awesome! Three clubs are quickly becoming one of my favorite horror game devs on iOS. Keep up the superb work!

4. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks for the encouragement, There will still be some beta testing for the woods 2. Last time with chapter one the beta was done though promocodes on a build submitted to apple so don't worry you have not missed out, will be in contact closer to the time.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Me to? :)

6. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I have to agree with undeadcow. The icon looks a little to cluttered.

I personally would go with a much more minimalistic approach, maybe just even a number 7 in the center, all covered in blood and other various horror things.

7. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    icon is awesome and scary,anyway gameplay is much important than icon...i want to say icon can be anything buy game must be good...

8. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    How about a red 7 on the door of the house?

9. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Yeah the The icon should probably be only the house, doll, or seven. Not all three. Once on the screen and smaller, that could prove to be a bit much.

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    wow!!! I'm really really hoping that the horror genre opens up this year. So far, it's looking incredibly promising.

11. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Awesome! Thanks! Super pumped about this one! (And second the woods)

12. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    So is there a release date on this yet?

As for the icon, maybe make it a doll that is sitting on the right side of the screen with it's head facing whoever is staring at it and the number 7 marked with blood on the dolls head or chest

or maybe make the icon like those Russian dolls that come apart with a dolls inside (I think they are called MATRYOSHKA.

13. holy crap... way to scare my pants off... i have to say this is looking really really good... so its going to be a 3d puzzler? like the room with a horror theme or am i just grasping at straws here? i like that intro vid it looked really good, as for the icon i think it was good but what if you supperempsed the face over the house and mad it see through, almost like a ghost staring at you...
    looks amazing... how far is development?
    looks like another instabuy my poor wallets gonna get so skinny...lol

14. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    So...do you guys have a release date yet?

15. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    This game looks amazing just let me know when you need beta testers because that would be awesome to test will certainly be keeping my eye on this game.:D

16. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Hi all,

Heres a new icon concept, still a bit rough. New videos and images wont really start to come out until the woods 2 is out which should be within a month (ish).

Attached Files:

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Fantastic icon! Can't wait!

18. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    That's the best icon so far, but I feel it could be more simple still, the Year Walk icon is brilliant because its so basic, and I think it would be great to try to do something similar

19. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    Awesome! Can't for for the woods 2.

I have an other idea for the 7deadly dolls icon.

How about you just make the icon the dollhouse, and maybe the number 7 marked on the front door?

Maybe make the icon the shape of the doll house kinda like how slayin made their icon the shape of a cartridge except yours would be the shape of the doll house, not a cartridge?

20. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Never cared to play the woods game, but damn. This game is awesome looking. Can't wait till it comes out.