World Zombination

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm pretty sure I've previously made a thread for this but having no luck finding it using the search feature so if there is another if anyone could just bump it for me I would appreciate it.

Although honestly I'm very suprised this game still gets so little cover here at TA as the devs are very active and vocal with the game and twitch ect

I've been following and playing since very early beta and just wanted to let everyone know they are now gearing up for worldwide release, they said they will be picking a date very soon.

2. magicfreak

magicfreak Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Research /GamingSoon @AppAdvice.com
    Hey,
    Totally agree with you on the little coverage this awesome game is getting but maybe its due to the release. The expected release was Fall 2014 and everyone seems to be still waiting for the launch. Moreover AppAdvice made a good hype for this project and can be found here.

3. devilmouse

devilmouse Member

We're still working on it. Like ste86uk said, the worldwide release announcement should be real soon now (I hope- oh, how I hope!). We'll be at PAX East too if anyone wants to stop by and say hi!

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I've been waiting for this game for so long, I went and mad a NZ account. I love this game- it's like CoC, but with no base building. Can't wait until I can buy IAP to support you guys.

5. devilmouse

devilmouse Member

#5 devilmouse, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Aww, thanks for your appreciation and support! Means a lot to the team when I can tell them how excited folks are to play the game. :)

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I use to have the beta over testflight but once I got my new device and Apple took over testflight sadly I can't get it back so I'm stuck waiting again now.

7. sjsivak

sjsivak Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
    I think I saw an email from you about this. I will look into it and see if I can figure out the testflight issue.

We're really excited to launch the game and we should have an announcement on that very soon!

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It's great to see you here, I bet you are excited it seems like such a long time ago I got that early build that couldn't even fill my whole iPhone screen and to see what it is now.

I've been away a while as in the end I decided I'd wait for the finished product so I don't miss anything new thats added so really looking forward to starting fresh.

It was always very hard to chose a side! I'm still in two minds having played both but I believe I'll be a survivor.

9. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    The survivors have been dominating PvP and the race wars.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It's been a little while for me but for me it felt like you had more control with those, with the zombies I had to rush placing units when I thought was best and just hope. I didn't like not having any time to think really .

But I did really like both still

11. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    I haven't seen survivor gameplay, so I'm not sure what it's like. I'm guessing it's similar to a TD? I love flanking using the infected, there's nothing like watching their forces coware before your tanks and be finished off by support units in sheer numbers.

12. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
    I have good news. One of the biggest features in the new update is the ability to play both sides with a single account. I think at like level 3 or 4 you unlock the ability to play the other faction and those account share a single email and password.

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That's cool, I know a lot of people wanted that, I have for a long time! The only sad thing is I wanted to restart my account due to all the changes. I kept restarting anyway to try different things and just not saving.

But yes to the question above it is like a TD game with survivors you place your units in what you think will be good combinations and locations and hope for the best. Although a lot could have changed since I was on, but it was about figuring out the best locations and combos. Had a legendary sniper unit once which I really miss!

14. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
    Yes, ste86uk is correct. The Survivor (human) gameplay is much more tower defense focused. Units are placed in squads and they have AI to know how to stay in formation (snipers stick to the back, for example). Those squads can be moved around a bit depending on their location. The goal is to hold back the waves of zombies.

It is essentially the exact opposite of Infected (zombie) gameplay. I always have more trouble explaining Infected gameplay to people because it is pretty unique, a bit like reverse tower defense.

15. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
    Also, here is the old thread for people that might be interested.

And this is the Touch Arcade coverage of the game from last GDC, it has changed a lot since then ;-).

We do Let's Plays each week on Tuesdays on Twitch. You can see a bunch of videos about the game on our YouTube channel, but here is a recent one with Infected gameplay and one with Survivor gameplay.

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The game has changed a lot since it first come out and even a lot since I was last on. The AI seems much better fir the formations now as my units use to face the wrong way and leave my paramedic at the front as they weren't facing the enemies.

I do like both sides as I started an infected account too but will just wait until it can be done on the one account as you said.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I love a lot of the changes, some im not too keen on but seems very fair and reasonable. I love that I can play both sides now as before I always struggled to choose!

I remember getting the machine gunner early on in previous versions but so far now luck here I keep getting the same units. I miss my Overwatch unit very much too they were awesome.

18. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
  19. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I was able to try early access with some friends awhile back. Game was amazing! It had some kinks because it wasn't fully finished. Glad it's calming out! Can't wait to see the improvements and fixs / changes. The two side one account idea rocks. I picked the horde hehe

The game was fair for f2p and you got great units pretty frequently. I hope they didn't change it to much where you have to pay a large ass chunk of money to get good units.

I'll definitely support them tho :)

Tons of love went into this.

20. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    I was hoping they hadn't changed pricing too, but they did. It's not awful, but it's a large jump. Still a great game, though.