Wolfenstein RPG combat tactics?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MidianGTX, Aug 17, 2009.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Are there any? Other than just standing in front of each other taking turns?

I'm loving the game so far, but I feel like I'm missing something with the combat. Often the enemy soldiers seem to get two turns, they shoot me and then move to the side. If I move to the side, they shoot me and move again. All I can do it press 'wait', let them stand in front of me, shoot them once then allow them to shoot me back and move once more. I'm kinda thinking there must be a better defense mechanism other than making sure I've got enough health to absorb bullets like a terminator.

Am I doing it wrong?

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    that's what i've been doing, i use the wait button to make them move back into line of sight and shoot them again, you can also use the sniper rifle to shoot people at a diagonal and if you kick them it knocks them back and they waste their turn moving back into melee range and then you can just keep kicking them

3. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Ha I totally agree. I've thought that's cheap they can move and shoot in one turn whereas we only get one choice.

4. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    It does seem a tad unfair. We sometimes get a syringe of speed or whatever that let's us take 2 goes. But it's pretty seldom.

5. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    so far the only semi tactic ive used is kicking melee characters away so they miss a turn moving up

6. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Ya, the lack of tactics is pretty disapointing. As everyone else has said, you pretty much use 'wait,' let the enemy move into your line of fire, then shoot. As long as you have enough health, you'll win. If for some strange reason you don't have enough health, you'll lose.

I would really have preffered a more tactical game. There's some charm to the game, but the lack of tactics, the very minimal/non-immersive story, and the lack of overall RPG elements keeps me from really spending a lot of time with it -- I just don't feel driven to play it the way I do with games I really like.

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I actually enjoy the game much. The story and monsters are silly but it is also the biggest charm, the link with the original FPS (or 2D action game dated further)

I agree the most "let-down" part would be the combat. If the developer can fix it with action point like mechanism, the game could be more fun other than solely reliance on health packs and "medications" to win. My $0.02

8. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    the syringe is agility its 2 blue + 1 red. enrage+agility+3 adrenaline+ 3 anger kills almost anything just by punching