Universal Legendary Wars (By Liv Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Liv Games, Jan 27, 2011.

1. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Instructions were presented on level 1-2, iirc. It takes a bit of playing to get to it. I came to this thread asking the same question, only to have it answered and have the instructions show up in the next level. haha

2. MoHeyNow

MoHeyNow Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Took me awhile to get a handle on the game but now that I do I don't think I've been this addicted since PvZ or Game Dev Story! Great job and congrats on the steller game!

That being said I do have to agree that it would be great to see some fixes in the unit controls, specifically I find that I'll send a knighty to kill an enemy unit and then, thinking that I can turn my attention to the next strategic move, I'll touch a lane or miss another unit causing the 1st knighty to switch lanes or direction. It would also be great if touching and holding a knight would bring up the hold/attack menu for JUST the knights and, likewise, touch and hold an elfy, control ONLY elfys if that makes sense.

Thanks again guys, I look forward to any and all updates you have planned, and to those who haven't purchased it yet, it is certainly not worth sitting this one out for the minor issues I've pointed out IMO

3. Liv Games

Liv Games Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    #103 Liv Games, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
    Hey guys, were def listening to your feedback. We are going to incorporate tool tips in an update to help with the tutorial since there is a lot to learn. For now this will answer most of your questions

1. Group control - hold down anywhere to pull up group command. Select defend attack or retreat for all units. This changes the production state of your new units exiting the castle, represented by the shield icon next to the gem bar. If you order your trooPs to retreat they will form up in defense formation in the order they arrive at the castle. 1-3 explains (we added 30% faster for the pop up)

2. Unselect any unit by simply tapping the lane arrOw button. You can also drag the lane arrow to change the lane without unselecting a unit.

3. You can beat levels without micromanaging or selecting lanes.(although it's not as fun) Units will always attack who ever is in front of them.

4. We realize not everyone wants to micro manage but we feel adding something like automatically attacking any unit or commanding all units to atta ck monsters will cheapen the experience and remove control and strategy. There are plenty of games that do this very well already out there. having the option to directly control any unit makes the game unique and many people really enjoy this aspect. We also realize it's not for everyone. We are looking into adding defense formation and ai for castle defense.

We are hard at work on fixes and we hope you will be impressed at what's to come.

For all those wiu iPod 2 and os 3.13 we alsubmitted the fix for the crash. You could also update to 4.0 and it will work fine.

Thank you all for the nice pm"s were glad ur enjoying legendary wars. There are a lot of surprises And many more moonstones come world 4 and beyond so keep playing!

Lastly - iap are absolutely NOT required to play the game and are never pushed or forced upOn you. You can unlock everything by playing the game the way it was intended to. Feel free to ignore them!
    They were included as an option for more casual players who may find the game challenging or those who want an extra edge.

iTunes giftcard contests coming this week for those of you who want to do video reviews.
    I hope we addressed all your issues.

Ps those of you who stopped by at macworld... We appreciate you!

4. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Stuck on level 4-8. Fantastic game but I feel completely outgunned on this mission. Is there a strat I am missing? Anyone?

5. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Being able to unselect a soldier without selecting a new one makes a big difference. If that was in the tutorial, I missed it. Still not hooked, but I feel like I'm fighting the controls much less. Thanks for the info.

6. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Me too! Any advice would be appreciated.
    It's a complete slaughter!

7. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Hey guys- that one is a tough one since u get a moonstone! First thing is upgrading wizard hp and defense so he can take more damage.

2nd the golem roll and dwarf bombs are a good bet for this level.

Also you should have your essence meter at least upgraded 2-3 times. The elf should be used to cover the back since u hopefully have tier 2 and some speed for him to catch up as well as dwarfy bombs.

The next 5 levels are some of my favorite.

Also u can play endless sidescrolling or survival to earn some quick gems. 1 kill - 1 gem plus time bonus.

Another tip for lockable endless modes- you earn more gems the harder they are based on how long you last.

Let us know how you do.

Goodluck!

8. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    No problem. As long as you guys are playing we will keep on improving.

9. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    @Liv Games, hey is it possible to fix the load times on 2nd gen devices, because it takes about 10-15 seconds EVERY time it loads, which really takes the fun out of the game.

10. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Hey thanks for the compliments! We are working on improving group control and I like your unit idea :).
    You can always UNSELECT any unit by simply tapping the arrow on the left edge of the lane. (You can also drag it to change lanes instead of tapping).
    We are going to make the lane highlight arrow a bit easier to see in our upcoming update.

11. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Hey Ninja,

Yes it is slower on 2nd gen devices because of the amount of animation were loading before each level, but were working to improve it. We think we can cut down the load times by 25-30% in the next couple updates

If thats not enough we are thinking of including a fun mini game to play while it loads.

12. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Hi Forsaken Media

We enjoyed bug heroes here as well - big fans of mixing genres when it's done well :)

You can change the production state of all units to attack at any time by selecting the right arrow in group control (hold down for 1 second anywhere to bring it upl. The shield icon next to the health bar represents the production state (either defend or attack). This also tells all unit to advance all. It was explained although a bit briefly in 1-3.

And as a side note you can drag the lane highlight arrow to select lanes.

Keep up the good work as well.

13. 985blaze

985blaze New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Great game love the challenge of it b/c I don't like to grind out for upgrades, but I bought 1 upgrade for castle archers and it gave me 1 archer for each lane. Then I bought a second upgrade and all the archers disappeared :confused: Wasted precious moonstones :(

14. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Hi sorry about this, we just submitted a and it takes care of this. can you please email [email protected] with this info.

Thanks!

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Sorry if its been posted already, but you got mentioned on Kotaku :)

16. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Glad to hear that Retina support is in the works. Kinda essential for modern iOS games.

17. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    make it universal ,it will double your sales guys. who cares if it's going to be 200+MB,look at Rage's 750MB d/l size file....

18. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    double the sales? You know iPad makes up 2% of all total iDevices right?

19. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    @Liv Games

Yeah...didn't have any of that because I focused on economy (silly me) upgrading the miney's.

So I had level 3 dwarves, level 2 knighteys, AWESOME mineys (that aren't even used in the level) and not much else.

Beat it with pure luck. Now I'm stuck on 4-9. The wizard has actually been "1-shot" by the giant gargoyle dude. /Sigh, tough times, but fun game!

20. Casmi

Casmi Active Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Any word on an iPad version or Universal support? I am really interested in this game, but if it is coming to iPad I will just hold out for that. Thanks for any info.