Universal Fall of Angels- Original iOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by FunnyTypo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    A little busy in my personal and professional life at the moment. Once I have more time, I'll dip my toes into my first JRPG. The FF series never turned me on from reading reviews and SE are taking the proverbial a little with pricing, without any additional enhancements.

Judging by all the good reviews, I'll be happy to purchase this title and support an Indie dev team for making what sounds like a charming, engrossing quality RPG. All of the feedback has ticked my RPG buttons in terms of plot and story-telling.

I'll add this to the top of my RPG 'To Buy' list.

Thanks for the head's up. Look forward to dipping my feet into a JRPG towards end of April.

Cheers!

2. weaver523

weaver523 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I have to ask as it is bugging me, is this the same Kevin Mitchell who does the Dr. Who guide on Android?

3. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    That's great, hope you enjoy it!

It is yes :) I have a few different apps out, Fall of Angels and Dr Who Guide are the biggest two

4. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the people that have been supporting Fall of Angels- it has just received the Bytten.com 2012 'Most addictive' game award!

We still haven't been able to convince toucharcade.com to review it yet though :p

5. nvx

nvx Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    UK
    This is one of my favorite RPGs on appstore, I cant stress enough how rich and gripping the game's story is.
    The pseudo-religious slant might not appeal to everyone, but boy does it make for a thoughtful journey

TA reviewers will get around to it someday, they cant ignore it for ever ;)

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Congratulations on the Bytten award, well deserved!

7. lunnar

lunnar New Member

Nov 3, 2009
    stuck in the desert

I need some help :
    I am stuck in the desert, I've found radio part 2, can`t find part 1 and there is also a locked keypad door that I don`t have the code for. not sure if I need the radio part to figure the code or I need the code to get the radio part

thanks in advance if anyone can help me on this one

8. weaver523

weaver523 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Buying to support a great rpg and a fellow Whovian!

9. Manu3008

Manu3008 Active Member

Apr 10, 2012
    It actually sounds a lot like lunar 2: eternal blue... Dev is that an inspiration for this game?

10. Auraic

Auraic New Member

Apr 8, 2012
    #90 Auraic, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    I am really loving this game but have run into a game breaking glitch and can't progress any further. Slight spoilers ahead i suppose.
    During the boss fight in the mines when you are able to start attacking the floor the game locks up. At first, I was able to destroy the floor and when the monster fell into the hole he would jump out in front of my characters and everything would freeze. I have switched around party members and tried multiple times since but now it just locks up as soon as I can target the floor.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

11. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Sorry for the delay in replying, it's been a hectic couple of weeks at home :eek:

Thanks for the comments! Especially undeadcow, I really appreciate your support.

Weaver523-
    Thanks! There's a couple of subtle nods to the Doctor in the dialogue, see if you can spot them.

Manu3008-
    I haven't played Lunar 2, though it does sound kind of similar from the writeups. The main game inspiration was actually the NES Zelda games, not because of their content necessarily but because I played them as a kid with an active imagination. I always loved the exploration and puzzle aspects of those games, and I used to doodle up my own maps (I was a cool kid). The Final Fantasy series were influential, along with Secret of Mana and a lot of written fiction. I've tried to keep the story as original as possible though :)

Lunnar-
    The desert:
    The two coils can be found on seperate screens to the west side of the desert. They are used on the radio which give the solution for the keypad door. One of them is in a shelter, the other just down and to the left of a different shelter.
    The solution for the door without finding the coils:
    The keycode is worked out by adding all of your characters 'max mana' values together.

Auraic-
    I haven't been able to reproduce the mine boss bug yet, but I'll keep on it and get a fix out as soon as possible. I've sent you a PM asking for a bit more info to help me find the problem if thats okay?

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #92 undeadcow, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    Thanks for developing a quality iOS RPG... If you do appreciate my support you can show it by developing another chapter or sequel to Fall of Angels (haha). Seriously, any future plans for the game?

13. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Potential spoilers for the end of the game:
    I've had the larger story arc planned out and written down from the beginning, and the second chapter is fully designed (plot, settings, characters, new gamplay features etc) and just waiting to be turned into a game. There are a lot of things seeded in the first game that will be elaborated on and explained in the second chapter.

Making Fall of Angels has been a dream of mine for years, and if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd spend my free time continuing with the story because I enjoy it so much. It's been getting some great feedback which spurs us on even more! I just need to be making enough money to buy groceries during development, which unfortunately it isn't making at the moment :( I'm about to release a new (unrelated) app that I'm hoping will get some mainstream success, and give me the breathing space needed to continue with Fall of Angels as soon as humanly possible.

Of course if anyone happens to have the phone number of Yoshinori Kitase or Shigeru Miyamoto, PM me :)

14. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Apple have finally approved the latest update (V2.5), which fixes this :) It's available now, thanks for the info to help track the problem down Auraic!

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Are there any details about the new unrelated app on verge of release? If it's anything like Fall of Angels I'd be interested.

16. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    It's a social quiz game, quite a departure from Fall of Angels. We're hoping for a bit more mass-market appeal with this one. It hit an unforeseen delay a week ago, but I'm hoping for an android release next week with iPhone to follow

17. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Is it just me and my iphone 4s, or is no one complaining about how uncomfortable it is move character with the movement control? Or that it wasnt easy to select items or buy items? :confused:

I thought it was going to get fixed months ago. Fortunately still a great game, but would like to know if someone is still working on this...

18. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    We're working on a new project at the moment, but we are still checking the support email daily for fixes and requests sent to us ([email protected]).

If you drop us an email with details of the problem we'll definitely be happy to look into it :)

19. Melvin.c

Melvin.c Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Attractive graphics! Cool sound!! It is nice game to play.

20. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Great game!