Boy Scouts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by picohero, Oct 12, 2012.

1. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    For you scouts and scouters out there who want to talk about scouts!

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    When I was a kid I was in the boyscouts. We took a trip across the US in converted school bus. At one point the scout leaders refused to stop the bus to let us pee, instead forcing us to urinate in the stairwell. Well, except for those of us who refused and instead ended up in a fair bit of pain until they finally, finally stopped the bus. Not to mention that I and my friend were sitting right in front of the stairwell.

Sorry, but that's what I thought of when I saw your thread.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

My favorite experience with the boy scouts is how a close friend of mine was needlessly shamed for decades of his life as he ascended to the position of Eagle Scout only to eventually admit to his friends and family that he was gay and have that very same organization he poured his youth into entirely turn their back on him.

[​IMG]

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    While I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with misgivings (to say the least), I am not happy to hear that story. :(

5. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    That is too bad. :(

I have a plethora of siblings, so I sometimes get cheap camping gear for camping. Once when I was camping there was a tornado warning and it was raining hard. I had a $1 poncho on. It actually dissolved in the rain! The sleeves and buttons just fell off. So I got wet :D

6. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    Just Awesome, now your friend can join the girl scouts :p lol
    Its Bad Humor Day FTW :D

7. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    Believe it or not I just got back from camping

8. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I hope he doesn't have the same aspirations to be a priest. He'll just flush his life down the drain. #badhumor