Which GTA should I get/start with

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Pocketnova, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I've always been interested to try out the "real deal" after playing games like Gangstar Rio, Gangstar Vegas, etc. So I was wondering, which of the GTA games should I get? (on iOS) They all look quite good.

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Vice city.

3. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Definitely Vice City. Its the trademark of GTA :p

4. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks, both of you. I'll definitely grab VC hopefully sometime today.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Both are worth playing, gta 3 is very good.

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'd definitely start with GTA III.

7. They're both fun. And if it's an option for you, I'd recommend getting III, Vice City, AND San Andreas on PS3 via Playstation network.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If you don't mind the controls, III and Vice City are the definitive versions of the game. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with III. I like the map a bit better and the story's characters are more memorable. The combat controls, however, are extremely annoying, much like it was on the original PS2.

9. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Hmm, interesting. Well.. Maybe GTA 3 would be a better investment.. Decisions, decisions.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Get both. You can't really compare apples to oranges. If you're looking for sheer content, though, VC is definitely your game. More cars (about double), more weapons, 3x bigger map, tons of side property missions, etc. III just has the NYC that I really enjoy.

11. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I wish :/ I don't have any consoles.

12. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Dayum. Getting both definitely seems like the better option. I think I'll get Vice City just to get started, and than get GTA 3 in just a bit, so I can get used to playing a GTA.

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    If you're gonna play Vice City first, then GTA III will seem like a huge downgrade and you'll probably stop playing it immediately. If you start with GTA III, you'll love it and once you get bored of it, you can switch to VC. You'll even learn to appreciate bikes, the variety of cars, missions and the huge map.

14. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Just start with Chinatown. It's made for mobile, and the retro top down look is awesome.

After that III. Then Vice city. Then GTA V and GOOD BYE YOUR SOCIAL LIFE MWUHAHAHAHAHA

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Chinatown is good but i wouldnt personally bother with it

GTA 3 and Vice City are two classics. You should really do 3 before Vice City, but VC is a true classic and a game people will be talking about in years and years to come.

16. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Alright, I'm getting GTA III. Thanks for all the help! I'll get VC soon though.