The Antwar Saloon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sheinfell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    It's pretty good actually ;)
    Played quite extensively for some time, and it is fun, even the multiplayer vs. this tme.
    Feels more grindy than SW1 though, with all the gem ingredients you need for the Voids (helper drones).
    Currently stopped, playing Battlworlds:Kronos, Banner Saga and Arcane Quest 2. Guess I'll come back when they release the next boss.

2. Arrow0x

Arrow0x Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Whaaaaaaat.

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hey, somebody's still alive in here :)

4. Arrow0x

Jun 27, 2012
    #544 Arrow0x, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Nope. Not alive. At all.

Oh, but I'm pretty surprised about SW2. How did this even happen, I thought SW1 was dead. Cool.

Back then, I didn't grind enough mithril for that cool bow I wanted for VS mode or something. Trinity? I had a sword, though. Had the nice gatling gun, but not the sniper rifle. Which is what I still remember.

Tell me if I need to try this one out. Even though I still can't play with you guys due to that supposed region thing...or is it different now? Maybe it's even possible. Not that it's necessary, if the game isn't worth it.

5. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    It's even more different apparently: they've set it up so that you need to gain experience and level up to use gear that you've bought in PvE in PvP -- and the EXP you get is locked to "that particular server", so going to another server means you have to earn EXP from scratch on that side.

Having said all that: haven't actually started SW2 myself, but a couple of friends say the gear's considerably more expensive when you compare the relative costs to the payouts and how long it takes to upgrade and buy stuff. Freyr also seems to be rapidly adding new gear updates in both games where the new stuff makes everything else before it seem tame in comparison, so I'm not taking that to be a good sign.

6. Arrow0x

Jun 27, 2012
    If by "new stuff" you mean "mithril stuff" than I am definitely out.

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Bits of both when it comes to the the armours, but the new overpowered weapons usually cost mithril, yeah.

Not sure if you were around when it happened, but there was a rather hilariously awesome PvE movement in SW1 a while ago: people used to keep thinking that they needed the newest and most expensive armours to have any semblance of skill, but after Operation: Thunderstrike, a lot of players immediately jumped on the Thunder Armour bandwagon for killing bosses. The latest Thunder players these days still use some mithril in their weaponry and backpack, but it's good to see how well a pure-gold armour is aging in the PvE arena :p

8. Arrow0x

Jun 27, 2012
    If it's after this thread was created, I probably wasn't around.

I'm not even sure if I deleted the game yet, but I remember it being linked with game center, so perhaps I still have my old save? Or perhaps I remember wrong.

If someone here decides to seriously play, I 'might' consider joining in. Not that there's any chance of me playing with you guys though :(

Haven't really been playing games, but not like I've been doing anything productive either, so I dunno.

9. Arrow0x

Jun 27, 2012
    Wow. So there's a SW2 thread already. Only Nullzone seems to be there though.

10. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Got bored, decided to try SW2 properly for the heck of it about 10 days ago. The mithril/IAP barrier's pretty nasty, but it's actually possible to do decently on the PvE side without spending a cent -- you just need to be very deliberate with your purchase planning.

PvP side, the weaponry isn't impossible without mithril -- the problem is actually the armour. Freyr seems to have decided that it's a "good" idea to make at least one component of all the upper armours cost mithril, so if you want the ability of a full armour set, you'll need to go grinding or put out some money. There's an interesting hybrid-bonus system that can be used, but most of the best bonuses require full armour sets.

11. Arrow0x

Jun 27, 2012
    Why does this place look like this.

And that sounds much better. I still hadn't acquired trinity when I quit the first one. Not getting good armor bonuses hurts, but seems reasonable compared to not getting the good weapons, at least.

Too little time though. Too little time for anything at all, really.

12. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    I got this game called DemonSouls RPG and its not bad(judging from the tutorial).

Right now im mainly playing CS:GO, so im not really playing much games on my iphone besides coc and maybe demonsouls.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Looks like at least some folks are still around here ;)
    I'm pretty busy betatesting Demon Hunters, which is a pretty neat fantasy tactics RPG. Go check out the thread if you want to take a look.

Then I still have a good bunch of stuff lined up. Guess it will keep me busy till end of the year with just what I have, not to mention my ever-growing shopping list...
    - Complete Arcane Quest 2, Rogue Star, Space Hulk and Baldur's Gate
    - Icewind Dale, BG2, SW:KOTOR . Just to name a few I still need to get started on.

14. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    *Obligatory lurker post*

Can't say I've really picked up anything new on my end -- my inner perfectionist is driving me to stick with the games I've made headway in and try to juice out every possible "idea" before I get bored of it >_>

15. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    2 years huh?
    Wanna see if anyone sees this :p

wow this bring backs the old memories. Now in my junior year :/

Well i guess i'll recap my last 2 years, gaming wise.
    Only mobile apps I play now are hearthstone and exclusively clash royale.
    Still into pc games. :) Gotten better at CS, played a little bit of For Honor and undertale.

If you see this then reply! :D

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Yeah, been awhile, but at least I am still around and kicking ;)

17. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    Hey hey! :)
    Still into them rpg games? :D

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Of course ;) was really excited to get Planescape Torment on iOS, best RPG and also best game I ever played.

19. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    Hmm i may need to check it out :p

20. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Hey, any of you still alive?