The creeps vs. Fieldrunners vs. 7 cities

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fruho, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Which one and why? Please consider price, graphics, depth, difficulty, and addictiveness

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

Go read the 10 other threads on this topic. Please consider not reposting something that has already been posted. Also post in the correct place

3. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I never purchased fieldrunners, I purchased 7 cities when it first came out and they claimed it was a special price, hoping to play it later. I never really did.

I purchased Creeps when it came out and have been playing it ever since. I love that game. I'm not sure if this is totally fair, though, because I never really gave the other games a chance. I just like the whimsical nature of the Creeps it's fairly well balanced, not hard, but also challenging when it wants to be. It also has a few neat additions to the genre, namely the super towers (with tilt), and the terrain destruction.

It's cheap, too, I believe.

Also consider the GeoDefense games. They're a lot more challenging, though.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #4 Vovin, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    I'd reccomend both The Creeps and geoDefense, but more toward The Creeps. This game is hilarious.

And you should also consider to get Towers in Space!

It has lots of content and a nice story line! Read more here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=37220

Oops: have to add that it is on sale right now for only .99$. A steal for that price!

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I love the Creeps the most. much faster paced than Fieldrunners, I ususally play Creeps on 2x speed. also personally I find it more addicting, I like the graphics and overall feel. but that's me

6. Harejordan

Harejordan Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Library Page
    San Jose, CA
    Very subjective, I have only purchased the Creeps and 7 cities, but I like the Creeps more because it's much faster paced. 7 cities on the other hand is slower and more strategic. So it really depends whether you want fast and simple or slow and strategic.

7. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Just get both. It'll cost you under $10.

8. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    GeoDefense and GeoDefense Swarm.

9. 3greviews

3greviews Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Definitely CREEPS

I was just playing Creeps, and it's cute, addictive and challenging. I barely got through on easy mode. For the price of 99 cents, it's a grab. If the levels they provide are not enough, you can even buy extra levels for 99 more cents.

7 cities' graphics get a little boring for me, as well as the sound effects, enemies and the towers. The good thing about 7 Cities is how you can upgrade your towers and unlock new ones.

Fieldrunners is expensive, but has the uniqueness of making your own path for the enemies to run. The graphics are nice, as well as the overall scheme of the game. But to be honest, I'm tired of army-style games, with explosions everywhere on screen.

Just my two cents :)

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    another minor thing is that Fieldrunners lags when you're way into a long game hundreds of rounds long. I almost got up to round 1000 with the screen completely covered in mortar towers, it slowed down incredibly. the other two of course are different

11. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    The Creeps for sure.

Wrong section, BTW.

12. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    The Creeps. :)

13. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    fieldrunners all the way

14. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Fieldrunners is overrated.

15. JasperA66

JasperA66 Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Government
    The Creeps is incredible addictive and has outstandingly good gameplay. I enjoy both 7 Cities and Fieldrunners, but keep coming back to the Creeps.

16. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Oh. I agree. All those people who love it are just wrong. Wait a minute, I love it. I must be wrong too. Thanks for clearing things up for me.