iPad Wings Of Valor (By idea spoon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, May 5, 2012.

1. Rafnel

Rafnel Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Constant crashing on my 4th gen. I've gotten to play a bit though. I haven't played the old games like wings of fury so I came into this totally new. I'm not sure if I like the controls or not.. maybe it's supposed to be realistic or something but when I try to turn or go up and down it takes a loooong time for the plane to actually change the way it's going.

2. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Okay, a non-technical question, here. I just purchased the flaps upgrade, but I'm not entirely sure I understand them. I get that they decrease my turning radius, and that I should probably hit the button to turn them on, but how can I be sure they're activated? There's no visual confirmation. Does a second press turn them off? Does straying away from an engagement, where the icon disappears, mean the flaps disengage as well? Most of the game is pretty self-explanatory, but I'm not sure about these things.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep same here, the update worked for a while and a few days later it kept crashing, the same as last time sadly

ios 5.01, ipod 64 gig 4th gen.

4. TravisR2H

TravisR2H Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    I hope ICade support is considered. Looks great.

5. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    FOUND ANOTHER BUG

Playing on the iPod Touch 4g iOS 5.0.0 when you get the first mission that gives you the objective to destroy 2 ships it crashes when i finish the mission and land, or crash, onto the carrier at the end. It crashes to spring board and i have to do the mission again. This is US campaign.

6. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    On my US campain after the missions it crashes... I have a 2nd gen Itouch.... Please fix

7. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    #87 bluspacecow, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    1.02 released today.

From idea spoon's website :

http://ideaspoonnews.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/wings-of-valor-new-update-for-ipod4.html

I hear them. They tried to save room but in the end the Retina display for iPod touch 4 was just using too much memory.

Touch 4's only got 256 MB of memory after all. And in my crash reports wings of valor was using a crap ton.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    In case the devs are checking this thread out; even though the game is "Wings of Valor" on our devices, I just wish it would be changed to that on the App Store. :p I know it's nitpicking, buy why the capital O in "Wings Of Valor" on the App Store when it's perfect on our devices?

9. ferolac

ferolac Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I managed to play this game on ipod touch 4th gen-8gb ios 5.1.1 by using swap files(obviously jailbreaked) which results in smooth and crash free gameplay (no overheating,crashing or screen burning every thing is normal as ot is before and i have been using it for 6 months) :D

10. ferolac

ferolac Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    edit:since day one release of this game

11. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Most recent update fixed the problem i was having with a mission on the US campaign. All good now.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep this second update is now working again on my ipod 4th gen 64 gig ios 5.1.1.

Been changing my review weekly it seems from 'not working at all, to working, to not working and finally back to working' !

I wish devs would use forums such as here to ask for users to test their products, a few games might work on an ipod 4th gen 16 gig but dont always work on the 64 gig due to free space/memory etc

Anyway its working (for now) so its great playing it

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just thought I'd post to say, this is working fully on iPod 4g now.
    I really wasn't sure if i should buy this at first as its a game I have fond memories of playing back in the Amiga days, but picked it up anyway and so glad I did.
    Brilliant game, graphics are nice and the controls work great.
    Well worth picking up.

14. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Picked this one up during the recently ended sale, missed it completely before. Really loved this game on the Amiga, whatever it was called then.

Anyway is it just me or is everything just way too tiny? Would it be possible to make the game zoom in a bit more when you are doin a bombing run etc? The dudes running around are impossible to see without the arrows, which takes away a bit from the game (shooting arrows and not....dudes). So any plans on adding 4" 16:9 support? This game would probably benefit alot from it. Really good game tho, brings back memories!

15. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    New update is out, but still not Universal....

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yep, this is one game I'd love to get some ipad support, sadly I can't find a way to contact the dev's

17. Vellrath

Vellrath Active Member

Dec 30, 2012
    #97 Vellrath, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    I get a freeze crash at the beginning of some missions and the camera focuses on the lift but only the planet's landing gear is visible. The deckhand is frozen too.

18. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Still crashing for me too

19. Vellrath

Vellrath Active Member

Dec 30, 2012
    A lot of the carrier defense missions on the campaign (Japanese-day39) are next to impossible, and the carrier is totalled usually by the first wave out of 3! It's just not fun, and way too difficult with no way to upgrade and improve your odds. What's the point? I've hit a brick wall in the campaign. Also freeze crashes at the beginning of missions on iPod touch 4g 32gig.

I appreciate the effort you put into updating the game iap free, but I would highly recommend a method to earn extra XP points to use specifically for campaign mode upgrades. It's frustrating and stupid to be put up against impossible odds with no way of advancing.

20. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh man they tricked us with the latest update, it said something about ipad update so I thought it was getting ipad support. But no such luck.