Universal Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - (by Spawn Studios, Lda)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 8, 2014.

1. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    :eek:

2. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Imo Duke 3D wasnt that fun on ios,

is this a worthy buy for a dated game? Im looking for a shooter styled game and i was considering this one as a possibility, Im not sure what others to consider. the toucharcade review didnt get me excited to just go and buy, so I wanted some feedback from players of the game..

3. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    Yeap, it's true.. sorry, we don't support the 3GS. We'll add that on the App Store's description.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well theres 9 pages of comments.

I like retro games and i'm also a big fan of run n gun games like Contra etc, this plays very well, lots of jumping/shooting, a lot of content and a nice conversion, works well. Price is cheap as well

5. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Is anybody else experiencing choppy graphics & framerate hiccups whenever even the slightest bit of action happens on-screen? Performance is terrible on my device... which is kind of sad considering how old this game is.

6. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    The game is very funny but it lacks optimization: on my iPhone 5s 64gb during action(explosions in particular) there is lag and stuttering! I'm waiting for a patch!

7. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    Hi, you didn't mention what device you're using... can you elaborate on that?

The game is "old" by PC standards, not by smartphone's standards - Apples and Oranges here.

I find it amazing that today's mobile devices have the same horsepower than 10 year old PCs.

8. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    How many GB of memory the device has doesn't matter at all - the 16GB is as fast as the 64GB.

Hum.. It shouldn't be an issue on an iPhone 5S. That can be felt on some older devices, it as to do with sound caching. I played it a lot on a 5S, it happened rarely. Try to close the Apps you may have running in background to free some memory for DNMP - it will be fine.

9. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    Thanks, but it's the same :(! I have only 900 mb free space on my device(it's almost full). Could it be a problem for the game? The other games run perfectly without lag(infinity blade 3)

10. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    In the helicopter battle(third stage) there are so many slowdowns, especially during missiles and explosions! Maybe the game is too heavy for an iPhone 5s, but on iPhone 4 or 4s is unplayable!

11. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    I have an iPod Touch 5. The problem is exactly as tognesimo described it. Lag is especially bad whenever there's any type of explosion... Like enemies blasting their way out of a wall, using pipe bombs to destroy a wall. I also experience random framerate hiccups just by walking around and exploring levels. I know the iPod touch 5 isn't as powerful as an iPhone 5s or something, but I figure if it can run other games with several times more graphical detail, why does it have such a hard time with a 12 year old game...

12. ExitPlanetDust

ExitPlanetDust Active Member

Oct 4, 2013
    IT
    Austin, TX
    Any word on the next update with iCade support?

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Currently free.

14. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Imho, it's free and is the full game. IAP are "only" for weapons. The game is amazing imho.

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    IAP totally unnecessary.

The game rocks. Grab it while you can.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #96 psj3809, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Hats off to the dev. This has just got an ios11 update. Didnt think we would see this again, shame the Duke Nukem (FPS) one is gone but its nice to see this one back

Just played it again, its a really good platformer