iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Tuxedosteve

Tuxedosteve Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I'll go around to his place and play it then.

2. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
  3. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    That looks great, can't wait.

4. Tuxedosteve

Feb 20, 2009
    *Adds Arcade Jumper to the shopping list*

5. Shinobi-Jedi

Shinobi-Jedi Member

Aug 14, 2011
    This is exactly my problem. Fortunately Bmamba seems to be on it. Looks like a great game they made. I can't wait to play it on the ICade.

Tuxedosteve - Is your ICade the Ion one with the red and blue and yellow design panels? Or the Rainbow/Brown trim one from ThinkGeek? I'm sure they're the same tech, but my wife's original IPad (non jailbroken) doesn't work either. So it made me wonder if the actual ICade is the problem.

I doubt it, but who knows? Maybe the two designs were manufactured at different plants and use different BT adapters or something? And the one I have isn't working as well.

Though with No Gravity being the only game that doesn't work, it's probably a coding issue. Though to be fair, No Gravity seems to be the most complex of the ICade games I have in terms of design, graphics, engine, etc.

I'm really looking forward to playing it

6. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Out of interest, what design iCade do people have?

I ordered mine from Amazon UK, and got the one with the Bang/spark design http://www.amazon.co.uk/ION-iCade-Arcade-Gaming-Cabinet/dp/B004YC4NH6

But I much prefer the one with the Activision-style colours on the side :( http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/e762/

I wonder if it's a Europe/US thing? Would be nice to see what people got.

Also, how about posting pics of where your beloved is? There's nothing sexier than a good iCade picture :p

7. kevlar x

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Mine is the same design as yours, the amazon one. I've heard people moaning about the build quality who have damaged it putting it together but I thought it was fine, no problems with mine. Actually one minor problem, the black plastic disc that sits at the bottom of the joystick wasn't smooth on the underside, like bits of plastic were left from the injection moulding process, these were causing the joystick to catch on the screw heads below now and then which didn't feel nice. I just took the disc off. I could clean off the disc with emmery cloth or something but its fine without it.

8. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Member

Jul 31, 2011

Amazon uk also?

I don't know who can moan about the iCade's build quality. I think it's superb. Luckily, my disc is fine - sorry to hear about yours. But as you say, it's just cosmetic.

9. kevlar x

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Actually no, got it from jb's music http://www.jbsmusic.co.uk/ seems like an unlikely place I know but they do sell it, think they must be an ion retailer or something.
    I had one on order from expansys for about 5 weeks and gave up in the end, bunch of ******s.

10. dasme

dasme Member

I think that the only place you can get the retro version is from Thinkgeek. I ordered mine from there, but got impatient and picked one up locally while waiting. In chatting with one of the sales guys at Futureshop, it seems like all retailers get the red starburst design. I much prefer the Thinkgeek version, but I think it was a special version just made for Thinkgeek.

Not sure what to do with my second iCade now though, is it wrong to be contemplating picking up a second iPad so I can have 2 mini cabinets set up? :)

11. kevlar x

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    I think there is a market there, maybe a bit small atm, for someone to release decals/stickers made to fit icade. Of course you couldn't just release designs from popular games like space invaders without sorting out licences first.

12. retroman

retroman Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Consultant
    Dublin, Ireland
    #172 retroman, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
    Hi,
    I've updated the app and now i get sound but cant control it with the iCade. Same problem a couple of other people have here.

Any ideas?

Also, the iCade works fine on every single other app that supports it so it is working fine.

Thanks
    EDIT:

Ooops, this was meant to be about No Gravity.
    Warblade works perfectly. Sorry

13. goldenegg

goldenegg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    I finally got around to trying No Gravity and I can't get it to respond to the iCade. I've enabled Arcade mode and even reinstalled the app. All other games work perfectly, so I'm not sure what's different here.

14. retroman

retroman Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Consultant
    Dublin, Ireland
    I've the same problem after updating the app.
    Before the update I could play with no sound, now i have sound but cant control it with the iCade.

15. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    here's mine, playing "ironman's super off road" on iMame4All :D

greetings

MJFox

Attached Files:

16. Tuxedosteve

Feb 20, 2009
  17. SION

SION Member

Aug 18, 2011
    The ThinkGeek design was specially made for just them and is only available through ThinkGeek in the US, with the ION Audio design being sold in both Europe and the US.

18. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I had to have the retro looking one from Thinkgeek. Looks EXCELLENT in the game/testing room. :D

19. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    ah, that game is so good!

20. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Sitting here playing Space Inversion on my iCade!

Really fun game, and plays so well on this thing.

We need more iCade supported games. C'mon devs -- add iCade support!