2677 is coming

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Pixelkick, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Pixelkick

Pixelkick Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Texas!
    #1 Pixelkick, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    Here is a sneak peek at our up-coming IOS release... While we can't give away too much of the game just yet, we do want to show some menus and other aspects of the game. We're hoping to get feedback, good or bad, especially from the TouchArcade community regarding how we're doing so far. As we near the infamous beta stage, we want to put feelers out there, create some buzz and most importantly get an understanding of what you, the gamers, feel about the project. We appreciate any and all feedback and will take everything you say into consideration as the projects grows!

"2677" is a galactic conquest word game that will have you battling waves of enemy ships; arming warheads, lasers and other goodies using your word game skills like never before. Build a series of high caliber words against your enemy and gain an opportunity to HACK the enemy ship for even more lethal efficiency.

One of the Menu Screens:

[​IMG]

The Solar System Navigation Screen:
    [​IMG]

The Hacking Screen - Used to Hack into the enemy ship's systems

[​IMG]

The game will be released for iPad, iPhone and Android a little later...

Keep an eye on http://pixelkick.com for more details, additional screenshots and upcoming video too!

Kevin Gunn (PixelKick, aka Tuna) and James Zuniga (AMERICANxZOMBIE)

2. AMERICANxZOMBIE

Sep 20, 2012
    Freelance Artist / Designer / Graphic Genius
    Austin, TX
    Touch arcade Community...

James here and I can't tell you how great it's been this first day with hits and PM's, but I can't stress enough how much we would like to hear from the community on how we're doing so far. If you're viewing these images, please let us know your thoughts and opinions. We want to get this right for the gamers and we appreciate any and all replies. Thank you for your time and comments, James Zuniga, graphic designer for 2677, username name: AMERICANxZOMBIE.

3. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    i'm interested to see what a galactic quest word game would be like, as nothing from the screenshots indicates what it is, and to be honest it seems a little 'overdone'

also how does the hacking screen work?

i get that you guys haven't even reached the beta stage and so are reluctant to give anything away, but people will find it difficult to give feedback when there are just some random menu screens posted. I wouldn't even know it was a word game unless I had read the text

:)

4. AMERICANxZOMBIE

Sep 20, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Hi File Cabinet, thanks for the message, much appreciated. Understandable about the limited images but we just wanted to spark a little initial buzz and find out if there's interest at this point. Hacking screen will be explained soon as well as more content to be released next week.

Once again, thank you much and we'll continue our progress to get you all more in the coming weeks.

5. Pixelkick

Pixelkick Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Texas!
    2677 is coming... New Content Drop - Sept. 23rd.

The view from the bridge (we call it the captain's chair) Here you're face-to-face with a serious threat...

[​IMG]

And here's the Weapon's Manifest screen... hoping to pick up some much neaded fire power!

[​IMG]

6. Pixelkick

Pixelkick Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Texas!
    #6 Pixelkick, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    Filing Cabinet - the Hacking Screen is available when you spell a certain number of "high value words". On the screen you'll see 5 red "alien" symbols, which are scrambled. You'll drag/drop those red symbols in an effort to order them correctly (turning them green). If you manage the task in the very short time provided, you're in! Now you can take steps to cripple the enemy ship in some way (lower shields, disable its weapons, drain its energy core)

7. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I see, thank you for the explanation and additional screenshots. :)

8. Pixelkick

Pixelkick Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Texas!
    No problem! James and I really do appreciate your feedback and questions!

9. AMERICANxZOMBIE

Sep 20, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Good Morning Toucharcaders! Just want to inform everyone that more screen shots and game details are coming between now and Friday so stay tuned! We're also working tirelessly to get you guys some video real soon as well. As always, thank you all for your time, comments and questions.

10. AMERICANxZOMBIE

Sep 20, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Hi guys and gals, apologies for the delay but we hit a few snags with various issues as well as waiting for bug fixes before we could implement certain code into to game to push forward. I assure you though we are making great headway now and, as promised, video is coming in the next few days. Thank you all for your patience. There's only 2 of us and we're working as fast as humanly possible. Thanks TouchArcaders!

11. Pixelkick

Pixelkick Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Texas!
    At last! We have some video to show you!

12. AMERICANxZOMBIE

Sep 20, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Happy New Year fellow gamers! Just stopping in to say that 2677 is now on Facebook. Please feel free to join us, like us, message us, friend us, or whatever you feel and stay up to date with our progress as we deliver it.

www.facebook.com/2677gameapp

As always, thank you TouchArcaders!

13. AMERICANxZOMBIE

Sep 20, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Another screenshot.

Planet Zillium Battle Cruiser.

Attached Files:

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So instead of puzzle quest with match 3 its more of spell quest with create a higher word then your enemy?

15. AMERICANxZOMBIE

Sep 20, 2012
    Austin, TX
    There's a few different ways of playing actually. You're basically building words to arm lasers, warheads, acquiring shields and regenerating core energy to battle against on screen enemies. We're gonna have time trials where it's PvP turn based game play where you play your turn and you have 5 minutes or so to knock out as many enemy ships as you can in that duration of time. Then your friend plays the same wave of enemies with same allotted amount of time. 3 rounds, each round cutting down the time by a minute or so but increasing your damage and bonuses. There will also be a Battle Mode which allows you complete access to all warheads without having to purchase them with in-game earned credits and you can concentrate on taking out waves of enemies in a tier situation to improve your game for when you're playing in the campaign mode. Note, credits (points) earned in Battle Mode WILL count toward your Conquest credits to then upgrade your weapons in Conquest. Which brings me to Conquest. Conquest is the heart of the game. Battle through 5 planets for total planetary domination, in a nutshell.

Here's how the words come in to play. Building words allows you to arm lasers, warheads, acquire access to shields and even regenerate core health quicker. Building 4 letter words gets you lasers. Building bigger words increases the type of warhead. The bigger the word, the better and more lethal the warhead will be that you'll be firing at the enemy. Letters will reappear as you use them at random and in random colors. Building words by using blue letters, gives you access to shields for a short period of time. Using red letters, not only amplifies the damage done, but also gets you closer to being able to "hack" the enemy ship and do special crippling effects to said enemy. Finally, blue letters regenerate your core quickly to ensure you always have enough power when you need it most.

I hope this answered any questions you may have. If you haven't done so already, please check out the video above and best viewed at 1080p. Thank you Bramblett05 for your question and please feel free to ask away if you have any other concerns, questions or feedback. All of which is much appreciated. James Zuniga

16. AMERICANxZOMBIE

Sep 20, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Conquest Game Save...

Game save menu. Allows you to store up to 6 different game profiles. You know, so your kids or other family members (or buddy, who insists on using your device to play 2677) don't mess with YOUR game. They can make their own. Am I right?

Attached Files:

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is this game still coming?