-Thoughts about TA-

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Anonomation, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

-I feel that this site has been very helpful with free promos and ios game releases. It has become prt of my daily life I admit, as I check it every now and then. This thread is for users to speak their mind about TA and no opinion is wrong-

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #2 Lazer Kat, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    * I think the sight is awesome, overall, but only because of the users. I come here daily...

* I also think the mods can let power go to their heads and are a bit ban happy. I've seen so many instances when a comment or user is deleted for having an opinion.

*it seems that articles and reviews can be bought.
    Time and time again the game that is advertising on TA gets game of the week, even when very few people think it deserve it.

*The app is very Very VERY buggy.

* The TA writers need more class. Every article has typos, and they release articles promoting people downloading freebies intended for kick starter backers. I've seen them do that with Republique's IAP (which was $1 instead of $15 - meant for KS backers only) and also for fist of awesome (which was free for KS backers).
    That isn't right. It hurts indie devs.

Ok.

End rant.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I wouldn't lie when I say that most of us TA users agree with everything so said .

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I'm sensing this thread could become trouble later on.
    .....just my opinion.;)

5. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    I think it's a great thing.
    Why shouldn't we be able to voice our honest opinion about a forum we come to regularly?
    It only helps to promote conversation and possibly even bettering our Mobile Gaming iHome.

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Why would there be trouble? Anyone gets into trouble for having an opinion then it totally proves lazer kats point.

Personally I enjoy coming here, I use the app several times a day, ithas it's problems and could be improved, I'd like to be able to delete pms within the app instead of logging into a browser.

I lurked for a very long time when I first found this site, (I was not a code nabbing lurker though lol) I was worried that I wouldn't be taken seriously with being female, I actually considered pretending to be a dude, but then thought why should I? On the whole everyone has been welcoming and there are a a few people on here who I'd class as friends and would probably keep in touch with if I ever left TA. It's the way if the world that sometimes people won't get along, I'm sure there are members who I annoy or irritate but that's life.

Sure, it has it's bad points, but overall I get a lot more good from this site than bad.

7. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I use it to read the forums and such but I did not know there was an app.

8. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    I use the app mostly, but it has so many bugs. Too many to name.
    Overall I prefer it to safari when on my iPad.

9. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    #9 arn, Feb 2, 2014
    If there are bugs, let us know. If you keep them to yourself, they won't get fixed.

There aren't that many glaring iOS bugs that we're aware of. There was a jailbroken-related bug that we never tracked down. And there was a weird landscape/portrait menu bar issue that I'm not sure got fixed.

There are probably more forum issues which are on the web-side, we can improve on.

arn

10. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    Don't consider that a bug, just a missing feature.

arn

11. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I didn't say it was a bug, I said the app could be improved, and then gave the deleting pms within the app as an example. Sorry for the confusion I caused.

12. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #12 Lazer Kat, Feb 2, 2014
    Ok.
    I will start keeping track of them.
    One issue (not a bug) that is real bad is the search function.
    I always search for games and they come back blank, I start a thread only to be told there's already one.

Also a bad bug -
    when I go to several game threads it takes me to the game of the month archive thread.
    It's weird.

Another issue (not a bug) -The private message system in the app doesn't even have a reply button.
    You have to hit quote and delete the quote.

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    All three of those are shared with the browser version, whether on desktops or iOS.

14. jaze

jaze Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Frequent updates, that's why I check back here, although I do think they tend to cover arcadey type flash like games, I barely ever see any strategy or simulation games covered here that are arguably the best games On the platform, but maybe arcade in the site title is a clue to why. So all good.

Mods on the forum I agree whith I stopped coming here much after getting a mod warning for using the word shit. In a non offensive way. Even though I was replying to Sanuku who already used the word(Ina non offensive way also) I thought that was a bit of an overreaction on the mods part, I see others have suffered with over zealous mods here. I guess some mods do get off on what little power it offers to their life.

Mostly my problem with it is Eli's over defensiveness in the comments, who is often replying with stupid disrespectful comments to anything he doesn't agree with or like. He seems too over sensitive or defensive to be replying to anyone.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Obviously i disagree as i'm a mod but you only see one side of it. You dont see all the reported messages we get about people, you just see a post or user deleted and think its just us 'overreacting'. You dont see the reasons why.

You dont see the amount of spam messages i delete, or the shill accounts i find/delete as i dont want users conned by fake posts/reviews.

I've searched your history, this post was deleted....

" I could smoke that €39 through with some bad Shit and would have nothing then a headache the next Day"

Could also smoke some good shit and get high as a mother####er! "

Do you seriously think it should have stayed on the forum then ? Honestly ?

I dont get off on any power trips, i spend a good chunk of my free time deleting spam posts in the day so it makes it easier for everyone. If you think the mods are tough dont post rubbish like that above then and use common sense

16. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    Can you give me an example of this?

arn

17. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Not the same issue as lazer but recently I bought sonic all star transformed game and searched for the game to see what discussions there were and every time I get took to another thread where there's a discussion on games on over 1gb.

18. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    I can't remember which ones.
    Nect time it happens I'll tell you.

I've seen it probably 10 times.
    The threads always end up chaotic because people are commenting about two different threads but they end up in the gotw archive thread.

I remember in one go the threads where this happened a mod said it was a known bug with the app.

19. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I have to agree with this.

20. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    I think everyone who knows this site agrees with this