Any good board/card games on iphone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spader623, Feb 8, 2014.

1. raumich

raumich Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Germany
    Buy Carcasonne! It Works well Even with the small Screen of an iPhone and it's Worth every Cent.

2. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Im tempted.... But it's got a strep price AND expansions... So I'm not sure. What makes it so good?

3. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, fluid layout & animations, perfect setup for online play built with a proper ELO ranking, nice and interesting solitaire mode. The game itself is so deep in strategy so that alone makes it my favorite board game to play, also it is one of those games that seems to work better on iOS than as an actual board game (atleast for learning it) as learning what moves are legal/illegal takes a little getting used to, but iOS makes it easy. Really just the perfect app for an excellent board game, the only downfall i see being its price point (not sure if its at $5 or $10 now, if $5 i would say jump on it). I would have loved to get some RL friends into it, but they are too cheap :). Not to say the game/expansions arent worth the cost, because they absolutely are, but it is a tough sell to the average iphone user

4. raumich

raumich Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Germany
    Couldn't have said it better. It's a blast to play and everytime you start a new round it plays different. I bought it when it came out and it never left my iPhone since then. It's one of the apps I always install first when I get a new phone. It probably doesn't look very fancy on the screenshots but it feels really fluid. As if the iPhone itself was designed around the game and not vice versa. I also own all addons but I agree that you really don't need them to fully enjoy the game.

5. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    I'm open to getting the game, and probably will... But I've been buying a ton of games lately so I'm trying to budget my money a bit. Though soon I'll have a higher limit for myself. Anyway, are the expansions worth it? I know for ascension that playing with all of them makes it quite fun.

6. max-o

max-o Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Pathogen is a must have board game IMO. Great gameplay, animations, music, etc. By far my most played.

Cube Sieger is a lot of fun. Abstract 1v1 king of the hill sorta game.

Lost cities is a lot of fun.

TTR is great.

But if I had to recommend one game, it's Pathogen.

7. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Do these games have a good online community?

8. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Wasn't sure on pathogen, but it was a dollar so I got it. I'll try it soon. Got ticket to ride pocket for free :3 fun, but kinda simple. I might get expansions later