iPhone Goblin Groove

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Item_Screen, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Item_Screen

Item_Screen Member

Dec 31, 2012
    I just submitted my first app to the app store, Goblin Groove. It's under review right now and will hopefully be available this week or next for iPad. I'll post again when it's live and give out a few codes.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Argh, that hurt my eyes..!!

No seriously, what's the fascination with such old looking graphic styles? Do devs do it because they lack talent and/or it is easier to do it that way?

3. Item_Screen

Item_Screen Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Ouch...

It's a style choice. I grew up playing SNES for good bit of my childhood, and I'm rather fond of 'old looking graphic styles'. I know it's not for everyone, but I had a great time creating the graphics and I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out. I'm going to try and have a video online in the next few days. Maybe seeing it in action will change your mind. ;)

4. lazynahte

lazynahte Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Student
    Don't worry about defred, he's pretty much a douche who opens his mouth before thinking.

Can't want to see the video~

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #5 Vovin, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012

Yeah, don't mind defred, he's sometimes a bit too bigmouthed and trolling. But I never saw him do better.

I like the graphics, they're actually quite charming. They have the style of the old Simon-the-Sorcerer graphics, which isn't a bad thing.

But you have to get used to comments like this above. Lotsa ppl don't neccessarily think before posting and criticism can be quite harsh. Get a thick skin for that sh!t... pick out constructive criticism and let the rest don't even touch you. Think about a group of chimps, scratching their bottoms and jumping up and down while sitting in front of their keyboards, mindless hammering on the keys... ;)

6. Item_Screen

Item_Screen Member

Dec 31, 2012
  7. snozzyboy

snozzyboy Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Game looks like heaps of fun keep us posted

8. Item_Screen

Item_Screen Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Goblin Groove should be live in just a few hours! I'll be back tomorrow with some promo codes to give out.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Congratulations on the release! Will Goblin Groove be iPad exclusive or also avaliable on iPod/iPhone?

10. Item_Screen

Item_Screen Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Just iPad for now. I may make an iPhone version in the future, but I think it is more suited to iPad.

11. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Defred do you have to be a ass ALL the time at least I'm one SOME of the time. You complain about everything like ports so if you don't like it why bother posting?