Snowball Touch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Mar 20, 2009.

1. aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that it has NOT been sent in for approval yet and it's not finished. (I thought grathina2000's post might suggest to some that it was up for approval.)

There has been progress, of course. I did a major code refactor on the player movement code to make it less convoluted and easier to fix and add on to. There was this one glitch that was showing me how bad it was so I hunkered down and really rewrote a ton of code. In the process, I discovered and eliminated a crashing bug, too.

Also, all the sound effects are finalized and that is quite satisfying. I'm very happy with most of them.

I'm a little disheartened by how little I've been able to work on it. Especially after I've gotten SO close, now! Thanks to all those still hanging in there. I never imagined I wouldn't be done by now. It's just regular life stuff that keeps me from it.

If it's any consolation, I'll be working on it all day tomorrow! If I make significant progress, I'll post about it on my blog page.

If you need some puzzley games to play, I recommend the Grow series of flash games at www.eyezmaze.com. Those have been around for awhile, but I just discovered them. The cube one is my favorite, so far.

2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Keep up the good work!

I patiently (sorta :)) await its submission

3. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Still looking forward to this one eh.

4. aaronsullivan

Thanks for keeping the faith, MartiNZ! and Fletch, too.

My time is torn between my family with the newborn addition, my work, and my game development. It's an even fight between the extra class I'm teaching at work and this game that is getting SO close to done I can taste it (and the little guy who is so stinkin' adorable!)

Did you guys see that I added visual outlines to the stages? It's to help with clarity about where ledges are.

I really appreciate my three or four dedicated fans! :D

5. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I've followed this thread for a while but never posted. Just wanted to say that it looks good, and I'll buy it right when it comes into the store ;p

6. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    After being very busy for a while I'm now looking through the forum once more and I saw this game. It looks really nice, quite much like edge, but I think it's different enough. Any idea what the price will be?

7. aaronsullivan

@exalep
    Thanks for chiming in. Every little bit of good news helps!

@Frog (exalep, too)
    The perspective of my game is like (the very cool) Edge, but the pace of my game is not an arcade action pace. It's more cerebral and has fun little characters in it rather than cubes. :D

As far as price goes, I'm going to offer it at $39.99 on the first day because exalep has promised to buy it the first day -- I would NEVER under any circumstances do that! After that I'm going to offer it at a price that fits the market at the time.

Sorry I'm not giving people a better idea about price, but there really is no point in promising anything as the tumult in the market is so dramatic right now and things may be very different by the time I release.

Let's just say I'm a pragmatist when it comes to price. I won't be trying to make a statement, I'll be trying to make a hit. ;)

8. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Cool, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Deal with LIFE first, by all means :), and the extra time can only make things more thought out and polished!

9. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I understand that you don't want to say more about the price. Good luck with programming!

10. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    This has been on my watch list for awhile...i just wanted to know if there has been a submission date set yet and if not, i would like a relative idea of when it will be submitted. Hopefully it will be out before 2010 because im not sure if i can wait any longer

11. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    I've a feeling you might have to wait longer at this point.

12. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    I was right :(. Any advance? It seems like the time to ask again.

13. aaronsullivan

Hi, I'm the developer of Snowball Touch. It's very sad for me to come back here and see this thread now that years have passed. :(

By the time I recovered from the loss of time during the arrival of my second child the whole iOS world grew up and it was very confusing to me where Snowball Touch would fit in. I tried keeping up but with myself as the only one working on it and still keeping a regular job, I just couldn't.

I'm very sorry about my couple of ardent fans who I let down.

On the plus side, I've finally gotten something else going. I'm sorry to say it's not even in the same genre as Snowball Touch but I now have a partner and a new game, Space Barrage Arcade. I had been on and off working on it as well and we decided it was the right sized project to bring to iOS. We are rounding the corner now into a wider beta and I thought some who followed this thread years ago might even be interested.

I hope you check it out. If Space Barrage Arcade can have some success, a refreshed Snowball Touch game is one of three projects we may tackle next. I do still have a passion for it. No promises, though! ;)

Click here to visit the announcement thread on these forums.