Pirate Monkey Zombies™ are back: Draw Slasher - From PSVITA to iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mass Creation, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Hello TA Community,

We'd like to give you a quick heads-up. As some of you might have known, last year we've released our beloved game Draw Slasher on SONY's handheld console - PlayStation®Vita. Game was a top-notch product and truly unique gaming experience, especially for consoles. And on January 30th you'll be able to try it for yourself on iOS devices.

[​IMG]

What is DRAW SLASHER?
    It is a STORY about Hanzo - a rather short ninja. While he was training ‘out there’ the Pirate Monkey Zombies™ - stupid, ugly, smelly, rotten and disgusting creatures - kidnapped his family. 'Draw' your finger, arm it with a deadly blade and 'slash' your way through. Wipe the hordes of dumb & smelly 'rottents' out, get challenged by the tricky zombies and face the undead mighty bosses. Learn elemental Ninjutsu Techniques - upgradeable power-ups - and reveal who’s in head of the abduction. Don't forget to free Hanzo's family.
    ARCADE includes two endless modes: Survival based on a kill count and Gatekeeper, where player needs to prevent the zombies from entering the village.
    For players starved of spicy tasks Sensei has prepared some hardcore CHALLENGES. But this mode is for the best students. Only for them.

It's mechanics are one of a kind. All you need is your finger to play. Draw a line to jump, dash, dodge and slash. Tap to run. Pinch the screen to summon powerful Ninjutsu Techniques. And enjoy the cartoon carnage.

FEATURES:

* THE ONLY DRAWING BEAT'EM UP for touchscreen devices
    * Truly unique controls: no virtual buttons - gameplay is purely about drawing
    * Vivid, cartoon and hand drawn visuals, including multiple grotesque creatures
    * Story Mode with animated cutscenes, Quick Time Events and a really cool voiceover
    * Additional game modes: Endless Arcade (Survival and Gatekeeper) and Challenges for players seeking more demanding drawing/slashing experience
    * Various opponents and challenging bosses
    * ... and dozens of subtle game and pop culture tributes ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out the official website: DrawSlasher.com for more resources.

If you have any questions regarding the game just let us know. We'll happy satisfying your curiosity :)

Thanks and we're looking forward hearing from you.

Mass Creation Team

2. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    This looks incredible, suddenly I am very excited for thursday :D. I do have to ask, what are your plans on pricing?

3. @Jrec15:
    Thanks, much appreciated :)

About the price, it's $2.99.

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Why so affordable!?

My first buy next week!

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    iOS to vita and now back to iOS again. good game though. :)

6. @redribbon,
    Well yes, and... no ;)

We've made a circle, but due to the amount of changes made those are trully different games :)

Check it out: PlayStation@BLOG

7. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    This looks awesome! Will it eventually have Game Center?

8. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Ok so i didn't realize this was already out on iOS, can you clarify what is new/different? Is this a sequel or more of an updated version of the original? Thanks

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Hmm, I remember this and I believe I even own it (the original)! I too would like to know what all has been added!

10. Hi Guys,

First. Draw Slasher has Leaderboards, Achievements integrated in Game Center. Plus iCloud ;)

As mentioned in previous post (@PSBlog) it has twice as much of content. We've added new boss fights, new minigames, new locations, etc. New opponents are the tricky ones only, so no more swipe spamming :)

Second, almost ALL sounds were redesigned, so you'll hear a brand new quality :)

All opponents have changed mechanics, so all levels needed to be redesigned too.

Finally, game received a cool voiceover including ingame phrases.

Just let us know if you would like to know more :)