Universal Space Chicks - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I think it was just a bad decision with some reasonably spurious reasoning as pirates would never have purchased the game anyway. Crescent Moon still do publish some very good games and this actually was a terrific game for a few days so I'll still be watching what they release perhaps just a little more carefully. Who hasn't made a bad decision though - i make them almost every day.

2. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    FWIW, I bought the game at 99ยข and bought the coin doubler, too, on the first day. With this update, I still have the coin doubler and it's still working fine.

Disappointed about the mix-up about the promised coins, but I'm sure the developer realizes their mistake and it sounds like they're making efforts to fix it.

In other words, I'd love a code for Blocky Roads *hint hint* :D

3. chaniaweb

chaniaweb Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2012
    The fact the introduction weeks of this game have been a mess should in no way reflect on all games of crescent moon games. By now I think Josh himself already has nightmares about this game. And we know he does not want to rip off his customers. Its just something that went wrong.

And in all fairness the game is still enjoyable. I would still recommend it. Especially now it is free you have nothing to lose.
    At first i was dissapointed about the lack of much new content (new funny items to use) rather than the missing coins. The coins can easily be obtained by playing a few times. My guess is for most its just the promise of it rather than the actual value of the coins.

But I think we could be a little more forgiving to the developer who has always been nothing but trustworthy. Just my opinion.
    Like the game and hope for more content in updates soon.

4. MrKershaEsq

MrKershaEsq Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Ok on reflection I realise now that the guys at CM aren't necessarily to blame so I've bumped up my rating again. I just don't like how the premium to freemium model has been handled. This game would have great potential to it. It's just a shame they've gone down this road.

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I agree it's still fun, but it doesn't deserve all this negativity it's now been receiving from the community. And no it's ok, save the promo code

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Anyone else get a notification from Space Chicks saying "We have an exclusive offer for you, come see!" I did and thought maybe they had figured out how to push the coins. But when I opened the app, I didn't see any offer, change in coins, prices or otherwise.

Anyone know what that was about?

7. chaniaweb

Dec 23, 2012
    There was an offer. But not one for coins. Was something else but i dont remember what.

8. entik14

entik14 Member

Nov 2, 2013
    No, there wasn't . I had 3 offers in a half an hour but there was nothing at all.
    I was also expected my 20000 coins.

9. chaniaweb

Dec 23, 2012
    In my game there was one. But it wasnt an offer in the form of a gift. I opened the gane and there was a message with an offer for something temporal which I skipped.

Maybe Josh can explain what it was.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I actually got a notification message (before opening the game) and the way it was worded as an "exclusive" offer made it sound like maybe it was just for those who paid for the game. Regardless, there was nothing that I could see when I opened the game.

11. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I liked this game, but with the update has come too many intrusive notification messages - deleted and good riddance.

12. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    It was a free costume if you invited some friends on Facebook.

13. chaniaweb

Dec 23, 2012
    Here it is. Got it again. See attachment.

Attached Files:

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It's small and not too bothersome, but I think this the first CM game that I can remember where it advertised a game from another publisher (in this case Triniti's Call of Mini Zombies 2).

15. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    How do we get the exclusive characters if we accidently close it? I restarted the app and can't get it to pop back up.

16. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Will we ever see a modern day update for this game or is it completely dead?