What are your favorite iOS games of all time (and why)?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Wubba, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    Sure, there are plenty of good games out there, but what are your favorites of all time? Whether it's due to the replayability, concept, or how it all comes together, lets hear it!

2. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Mikey Hooks (fantastic playalong)
    They need to be fed.(phenomenal original)
    Muffin knight.(excellent variation and replayability)

3. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    XCOM... I play it over and over. To me, it's the easily the best ipad game (port) ever. Maybe cause I love tbs games. Battle Academy is up there, too.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #4 Exact-Psience, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Monster Hunter series. Best of the best right here. Nuff said.
    Vagrant Story. Best RPG game for me. Deep, deep combat mechanics and character development, and a story filled with twists, and tons of puzzles and replayability.
    Shadow of the Colossus. Back on the PS2, before i understood the depth that Monster Hunter offered (it was JP only back then, and i was playing the hell out of it), there was this beauty. Fantastic landscapes in an openworld-adventuring, and boss fights that would make you sh** bricks considering how limited your character is.
    Final Fantasy 7. The first RPG that truly got me into the genre. I finished FF1 before this, but it was with FF7 that i really invested myself into the genre and started a collection that was way past my schoolboy budget.
    Diablo 2. I never played D3, coz i know it could potentially ruin my life. LOL. D2 though, was reason enough for me to eff up in a lot of things in life. hahaha
    Tekken 3. THE fighting game that sparked and brought out the competitive part of me. And the addiction went on and on until i decided not to play in the arcades anymore and stick with the PSP versions of the sequels instead.

That said, on iOS, MHFU is a reason im not updating to iOS9, and FF7, are 2 insta-favorites for reasons stated above.

In addition, my favorites list for iOS includes Infinity Blade series, Super Hexagon, VVVVVV, EPOCH.2, Slayin, Phoenix HD, Polara, The Room series, Wave Wave, and Marvel Future Fight, Lara Croft GO, Implosion, Space Marshals, Hearthstone, Evoland, and the classic Temple Run 2.

5. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Mostly these have been on my idevices for eons for their colorful simplistic replayability. Plus after many half moons i howl at i can still dig em as # fun

Bastion - whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Slayin & BoxMan = i recently got the Scream outfit wit dual box cutters, hammers, toilet plungers and fly swatters. The Bosses are a force to be recond with.

Nightmare Full- the best black & silver pixel Shmup ever! Also comes in retro tv line scrollin colorz

Mech Shooter- i will soon be at 350 levels of Awesome 3D- that'z right 3D Danmaku fun Yo!

Arcane Soul- it's such a beautifully balanced
    ARPG

Warbot Assault - my name iz Warbo. Enter at your own risk, you have been warned

Devil Eater - "i will kill you" creeps me out everytime i boot it up. Ready to battle all demons and save my beloved Elise.
    Talk about a war for true love!

Soak! - everytime i play it reminds me of
    The Goonies and i don't know why

Emplosion - do you really need an explination?

Iron Punch 2: Battle 3D - you want a symphony of gunfire and explosions? Hear it and hear it well. The mix and match of upgrades for your powers and arsenal make you a mech titan in the sky. The battle tunes iz music to my earz
    An Awesome homage to Star Fox

Masayuki Ito - nuff said

Dust: An Elysian Tale -
    Twilight TouchArcade Zone

CAVE - forealz! You mean to tell me i can carry this famous company's creations everywhere i go?!

Pac Man 256 - i don't ever think i will forget that number. Now all we need iz Ms. Pac Man &
    Pac Man Jr.

Poppy Kart - tell me this isn't a greatly controlled homage to Mario Kart 64

King of Fighters i2012 - competition iz none!

Lara Croft - as soon as they fix the Swamp lvl

Warhammer 40,000 Carnage - it'z so action packed & morbid, juz the way i like it. Lots to accomplish in this 2.5D Side Scrolling Adventure. I find myself revisiting
    Space Marine from time to time because of it

Train crasher - Awesomely Beautiful! Not ya average 2D Streets of Rage Brawler

Xmen - Days of Future Past &
    Future Fight

Ghost Blade - we need more like it

League of Stickmen - one day it will be perfect

DarkReaper Shooting - here Gow Gow! Good Boy Gow Gow!! So much flexability in their funtaztic powers! They make a great team

Sky Force 2016,
    Pheonix 2 HD
    Danmaku Unlimited 3
    Toon Shooters 2
    come on Ikaruga

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I love most of the Squeenix premium titles but The World Ends With You: Solo Remix is probably my favourite game on any format. Love the art style, the music and the story, and the gameplay is something else.

I also love some of the Capcom ports, namely MHFU and Ghost Trick.

For original stuff, Implosion, Out There, the Sorcery series, New Star Soccer, Crashlands, Goblin Sword... I feel like I'm only scratching the surface here.

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    My most loved games are the Cut the Rope series, specialy the first one and the last one Magic.

Love You To Bits was awesome last month.

Monument Valley and Lara Croft Go I see those two as brother and sister very good.

Other favorites are: Contre Jour, Gunbrick, Hitman Go, and many more I can't think of.

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #8 vectorarchitekt, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    For replayability mostly, but some just because they were designed so well.

iPhone:

Robosockets: Link Me Up
    Faif
    Dungeon Raid
    Ridiculous Fishing
    Dungelot Shattered Lands
    Hue Ball
    Chip Chain
    Hipsta Chez
    The Firm
    Crossy Maze
    SpellTower
    Card Crawl
    Sage Solitaire
    Power Grounds

IPad (without being able to look at it):
    Continue?9876543210
    Sonic CD
    Device 6
    Wonderputt
    FTL
    Kairo
    Wayward Souls
    Ocean horn

9. ophilbert

ophilbert Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Developer
    France
    Dark Nebula & Dark Nebula 2 - Using the device's accelerometer your goal is to make your ball go through the levels, avoiding fall and ennemies. The game is simple yet very challenging. At the time it was one of the first game to truly use the accelerometer to do something great. Still my favorite game on iOS

Totem Runner - As stated by the title, this game is a runner where you alternate between 3 forms:

- Human form (Score point and restore the world's nature)
    - Wild Boar form (Kick your ennemies and destroy barrier)
    - Eagle form (Fly to avoid some ennemies and falls)

The game is gorgeous and difficulty is growing at each stage to become really hard at the end.

Lifeline - Simple, not time-consuming yet it was one of the game that put narrative in the front. Love all the 3 Lifeline games, give one a try at least.

10. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn
    flappy bird

because it just blows my mind...

11. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #11 bigred447uk, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Simple Rockets from Jundroo...

...because it's Kerbal Space Program on my iPhone.

WazHack...

...because it's a deep rogue like that's fast to play and has endless replayability.

Stradale Racing Simulator from Laminar Research...

... because it's a great racing sim with a fantastic physics engine. Buying the Iap cars is a little pricey but you can have great fun with the included cars. I bought one or two anyway because I enjoy this type of sim.

Kingturn, Kingturn RPG Plus, and Kingturn Underworld RPG from Mangobile...

... because they are amazing examples of SRPG with charming storylines and great mechanics. Some criticise the presentation but they feel Nintendo like to me because they are made with so much love and attention to detail. (I mean golden age Nintendo ofc).

Astronot from Wade McGillis...

...because it's the best Metroid-a-like on iOS. The simple graphic style is mis-leading. This is a deep and complex engrossing game that will never leave my devices.

SurvivalCraft ...

... because it's what Minecraft PE should have been.

Indiana Stone - The Brave and the Boulder by TwinSky Games...

... because it's a perfect portrait 3D auto-runner with charming graphics and secret Star Wars themed level.

McPixel ...

... because it's like Wario mini-games but with incredible humour and charming presentation.

Jet Car Stunts by Trueaxis...

... because the first game was an awesome achievement in iOS and also just plain fun. The frame rate was screaming and the physics were fantastic. The second game also looked great but it never quite got a hold on me like the first one.

BlockFortress by Foursaken Media...

...because don't get me wrong I loved the original Heroes & Castles from these guys too, but this one really got me going with its Minecraft-esque fort/base building mechanics.

Crashlands by Butterscotch shenanigans...

... because you probably know why by now as this is the most modern game on my list. This is in my list for the gameplay and the amazing imaginative world that these devs enticed me into for 60 hours.

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Wayward Souls
    Super QuickHook
    Dust
    Oceanhorn
    Goblin Sword

With all of these, they are games that you can completely lose yourself in.

13. Addictive Dice

Mar 23, 2016
    Addictive Dice

My personally favorite iOS gamea are DIce games and Yahtzee.You can also Play the classic dice game Yahtzee right on your iPhone, iPads or iPod with many ways to play including classic and Triple Yahtzee!One reason is that i mostly play this game because its a strategy game and you can also invite your online friends to make fun.

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #14 7lilwhitewolf7, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Toon Shooters cuz it'z # and action packed
    Plus the fact that they put a cool twist on one of my fav childhood songs. Whowouldathunkit!

15. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Heroes and Castles
    Heroes and Castles 2
    Block Fortress: War
    Kingdom Rush
    Kingdom Rush: Frontiers
    Plants vs Zombies
    My absolute favorite though is Vainglory hands down. It has so much to offer it's unbelievable it's a tablet/smart phone game. After I got into WOW back in 2005-2006 and played that for a good 6-7 years the typical games just don't do much for me. There's no competition or no feedback. I've found that Vainglory has filled this void.

16. eddag

eddag Active Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Head of a small studio
    Warsaw, Poland
    Walking war robots (wwr) i love it :)

17. Addictive Dice

Mar 23, 2016
    Addictive Dice

Sure,I love games play on my ipad all time.I mostly played Dice games,lets start to play online with your friends and family members.:)