Universal Starsceptre (by Richard Morgan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 18, 2017.

1. 8bitmagicgames

8bitmagicgames Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Thank you so much 7lilwhitewolf7 - I can't wait to find out how you get on with the game mechanic. I've just this second finished coding the autofire so that will make the very next version which will be v1.1. Also I realised too late the iOS compatibility had been set to iOS 10. That will be corrected to be 9.3 so more people can play it. Thanks again!!!!!!

2. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Requires iOS 10.3...

Any way this will support iOS 9.3.X at least? #

3. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Absolutely! V1.1 will be ios 9.3 for sure! Apologies I missed that on the first release

4. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Thos.

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have my thumbs crossed for controls. Hehe.

If you want I could buy the game and even help TestFlight a control scheme. :)

Billy

6. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Hey Richard
    I would like to finish your game with the OriGinal controls and the tweeks 4rm other options so pleaze keep it. I am seriously having so much fun with it as is for now.

I left ⭐️✨###z on the Appstore

7. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Hi Billy, I was just about to message you to see if you wanted to test the controls when I get them to work.

No need to buy. I'll let you know when I have something ready, and I can get you testing a beta on TestFlight. But might be a week or two away.

Thanks again!!!

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#28 Anotherkellydown, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Richard reached out to me on Twitter for some feedback on Starsceptre:

Edit: Really nice intro scene, fully voiced, cool artwork/animation. Good retro style in-game graphics. /edit

I'm glad to hear you've added auto-fire in the update. I play a lot of SHMUPS, AND I'm fine with tilt controls for games that use it well, but to be completely honest, they are less than optimal here. Edit:Forgot to mention I appreciate that you are possibly working on implementing touch controls =) /edit

There seems to be no game over screen. Every time I die time rewinds and I'm back where I left off. Is there any sense of progression, upgrades, levels, other modes, or is it like one continuous level?

Thanks again, Richard. I'll keep playing off and on and definitely check back when the next update hits #

9. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    That's awesome! Thanks for trying the controls. They are hard and not everyone's cup of tea, but it is a new skill to master. I'll be looking into on screen controls as an alternative.

And your other pieces of feedback are also key. So pause is coming soon, am working out the best way to make that happen.

The progress saves at the end of each level, but I do need to let people know that in the game - good shout!

Yeah infinite lives and when I code the pause button it will also pull up 'unpause' and 'return to menu'. Another great shout!

Awesome to have this feedback! Keep it coming everyone !

10. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Thank you for the feedback on the AppStore and on here. The new update will be out soon but you can just choose to not update, or if you do just go into the new settings menu and choose autofire on or off ;)

Thanks again!!!

11. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Oh my god, I just read your review and I'm just speechless. It actually brought a tear to my eye that you left this feedback. Especially as it's just the first version and I've still so much to add and make it even better.

Thank you so much. It really helps that you get it in it's raw form and helps drive me to fixing all the issues and make new options to make it that everyone, including yourself have suggested.

Thank you so much!!!!

12. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    You Go Anotherkellydown!!!

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    About to play this amazing looking shoot em up.
    Been looking through the reviews and screenshots and I'm seriously boggled why more people aren't playing.
    I know the iOS 10.3 or higher is only about 40% of the gaming community though.
    I myself am iOS 10.2 and it won't allow me to download because you have to have the absolute newest iOS update which I read should be corrected in the new update which is great to hear and you should see an increase in downloads for sure.

I cannot wait to play.

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    more people arent playing because of tilt only, me included

15. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Downloaded in anticiipation of the update. The thumb mashing isn't so bad. I think the people in the video were exaggerating the amount of pressure required. The tilt controls are as good as hoped for. Never liked virtual on-screen sticks. Still looking forward to auto-fire though as I like the idea of video gaming without any screen taps at all.

Can someone tell me what the C L W M P letters at the top of the screen relate to?

Also, something that's annoying me; I can't understand what the lady is saying. Sounds like " D R Cooool" but that doesn't make sense.

16. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Me to

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm waiting for autofire. My poor fingers aren't meant for button mashing anymore. I can't wait to get back into it.

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Absolutely. And I'll definitely buy. I like to support good devs. I'll send you my test flight email.

Billy.

19. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    IOS 9.0.2 pleaseeee

20. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Thanks Jay! I'm gonna bump it down to iOS 9 as there shouldn't be anything in the code needs higher than that! Should be updated this week!