Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Community Coordinator at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks for the extra information! I'll do my best to answer each of your questions below.

1) I've not heard of the Starfruit problem but we'll definitely check it out. In the meantime, try closing the app and then cycle the power on your device. That might do the trick.

2) The ad for Puss In Boots is only shown once per day. Same goes for any other Halfbrick-related promotions.

3) Unfortunately, we are unable to alter the Game Center leaderboards as Apple does not allow us to make changes. We are definitely investigating alternative solutions but for now I am unable to provide any extra details.

Hope that helps!

Peanuts

2. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    We're working on that now and hope to have a fix available soon. Stay tuned for details.

3. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    thx for the reply...

I saw the ad at least 4 times yesterday...:confused: Saw it twice within about 5 rounds last evening actually.

4. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Hi Peanuts,
    I've got a few gripes and questions about the game:
    1. Why is the game getting slower and slower for the iPad 1? This game is nearly unplayable on this idevice, can you not bring it back to more playable standard?

2. You've probably heard this one before but, Ads....really?!?

3. The Arcade scores on Gamecenter: How is it REALLY possible for anyone to achieve a score of higher than 2000? Yet on the leaderboard you have players who score in the millions and billions -.-

4. If you have a Frenzy or Freeze and you hit a bomb sometimes the "Frenzy" or "Freeze" icon will stay there. Needs fixing as you may already know.

Thank you for your time.

5. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Just a little follow-up on the starfruit counter issue...rebooting the phone doesn't resolve it. Just now played four rounds where the counter kept ressetting to about 34,950 and counting up to 35,030 or so after each round.

Also, I'm still seeing those ads at least three or four times a day. I mean its not the end of the world or anything, but if its only supposed to be once a day its definitely not working right.

6. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi all,

We have seen a few more reports of frequent ads in the paid version of Fruit Ninja and wanted to put the call out for more information so we can get to the bottom of this. Just to confirm, you should only ever see an ad for one of the other Halfbrick titles, and it should never be seen more than once in a 24 hour period per device. At the moment that ad would be for Monster Dash, so if you are seeing this more than once in a 24 hour period we would love to hear from you. We're also offering 150,000 Starfruit to the first person who can send us a video which shows the ad appearing more frequently.

We have, of course, tested for this behaviour ourselves and also had our ad-serving partner check on their end, but unfortunately we can’t find anything to indicate that these ads are showing more than expected.

The easiest way to get us some footage would be to simply record with another phone or any other video recording device you may have, then PM me and we can work out how to transfer the file via YouSendit or a similar product.

Thanks for your help!

Peanuts

7. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    #2467 Zevious Zoquis, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Hmmm, well generally speaking I'd say I see the ad at least 3 times daily. But it usually is spaced out over a fair bit of time. I might play a few rounds in the morning and see it once, then see it in the afternoon and then again in the evening, so I'm not sure how I'd go about getting any sort of video. I don't need the starfruit though anyway, lol. :)

I am still seeing the funny starfruit counter behavior too though...

edit: lol, I just now fired FN up and played a single round and the ad appeared. It also appeared when I was playing at work about 3 hours ago. It's not by any chance using IP addresses to determine whether the ad is shown is it - so that you can see the ad once for each different IP addy you might be logged into throughout the day?

8. -lambchops-

-lambchops- Active Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Australia
    The starfruit issue happens to me too. However my experience is different.
    When I play a game and score points you normally get starfruit and that adds up perfectly every time. But when you actually play a game where a bonus starfruit comes into play and you slice it and finish the game. that is when the score does not add up properly. however it is on and off. i played several games in a row and when i got a +250 starfruit bonus it worked and added up and then i got a +300 and i didnt add up at all.

Note: as soon as the game ends it adds to your total but when you quit or go to gutsus cart that is when the total number changes.

in terms of ads i have never experienced any.

9. -lambchops-

-lambchops- Active Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Australia
    In regards to the ads on the paid version of fruit ninja.

My girlfriend had downloaded the full version when it was free and she gets ads all the time. i paid for the app and never got a single ad.

In case that helps.

10. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    hmmm, somethings gone funky with my FN over the past few days. It seems to be doing its own thing with regard to starfruit spending. I'lve got around 50,000 and I'll buy a round of power-ups (9, 10, and 10) and be left with about 47,000 starfruit. Then I'll play a round of arcade mode and when I'm done I'll suddenly have like 42,000 starfruits and a couple dozen of each powerup. Then last night I was playing and my starfruit hoard jumped from about 51,000 up to over 100,000 between rounds and the game went shopping for me again and bought a dozen or so of each power up...

Halfbrick, your best game needs some love and attention. :(

11. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    #2471 Zevious Zoquis, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    lol, I'll tell ya...I love this game. I just find it a great mindless stress reliever...but man its getting pretty messed up lately. Just now I fired it up for a few quick rounds, bought myself some power-ups (the usual 9 bombs and 10 each of the strawbs and peaches) and started playing. I finish the first round of arcade mode and the game gifted me 250 bombs, 169 strawberries and 169 peaches. Hmmm...play another round and it doubles my hoard of powerups again! Another round...sure enough another dbling of my hoard. I shut the game off with like 1500 bombs and 760 of the other two. Started it up again just to see if it would go back to where it should be and nope its still the same. Its like going to a bank machine to withdraw $20 and having the machine spit out $300!

Halfbrick check the servers cuz something is screwed up! :)

edit -haha, I'm never going to have to grind for power-ups again! I'm up to 11,000 bombs and more than 6,000 each of the strawbs and peaches. :)

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I almost want to reinstall this game just to get the hoards of fruits and power ups!

13. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing this or if its just my game that's somehow gotten borked...

I've got like 22,000 bombs and 12,000 of the others now and I'm stopping now...

14. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Well, based on whats been happening the past couple weeks in this game I have to assume its essentially no longer being supported. Its appears to be completely free to play now as far as I can tell. Its giving away free power-ups like there's no tomorrow and its not just my install as its doing it on my brother's game too. I can't really tell if its actually still accumulating though as the digits in the counters have gotten too small to read but I think I must have hundreds of thousands of accumulated buy-ables now. :)

Oh well, its an old game and probably not earning them any money now anyway. Would be nice if they could at least fix the counters and stuff so it doesn't appear so broken. I do see they are still updating the facebook version regularly...

On an un-related note I recently beat my high score in arcade mode. Finally broke 1600! (got 1615... :) )

15. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    It's not the same for me... Maybe your game is bugged.

16. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    #2476 Zevious Zoquis, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    did you buy a few power ups first? they don't start to accumulate unless there's at least one item to begin with. then they seem to double the count every round you play...like I said its not just my game, its happening in my brothers too on a different device.

17. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    #2477 Peanuts, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    Hello,
    Sorry to hear about the problems in your game.
    What you're seeing is not normal behaviour and is definitely a bug. Fruit Ninja is still being supported and we have a range of content updates planned.
    This problem may be the result of a recent server mishap which has unfortunately affected a small percentage of our users.
    It's possible certain elements of your game have become corrupted which is why you're seeing odd behaviour. I may be able to help and will follow up with a private message to obtain some extra information.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding!
    Peanuts
    PS -Congrats on the new high score! :D

18. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    So apparently its possible for devs to set upper limits on the GC leaderboards. If that's the case, could we not set an upper limit of say 2000 on the Arcade mode board and clear off all the obviously hacked scores??

19. AppsVerdict

AppsVerdict Well-Known Member

this thread hasn't seen any activity in quite some time it seems, but I had to share this video

(dog really going for it on fruit ninja)

edit: posted this on the wrong thread, so I'm reposting it here

20. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Well now, this game just got a MASSIVE update.