Universal The Walking Dead: Assault (by Skybound LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sotoro, Nov 30, 2012.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Will do. I'll leave a review on the app store. :)

2. ChrisJT

ChrisJT Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    so the new update had bug fixes...does that mean the acheivement bugs are fixed? cause i dont wanna play hard mode again, wait for an acheivement, and never get it -_-

3. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    If you scroll back one page he says that's the next update and not this one

And I even tried it this update and still nothing so best off waiting till next update :)

4. Deathinsin

Deathinsin New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    GameStop employee
    Miami
    Not this one ever update will come with a free new episode or chapter like bullettime did thank god u dnt have to waist 15 bucks for a complete game but heyy least the first episode of the walking dead is for free :)

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Game Impressions

Soooo, late to the party, which has become my life since starting Grad School, but w/e.:rolleyes::(:D

I've been playing this for a couple days now, aaaand...

OMG. Every minute spent playing is like chocolate-covered sex. Yes, chocolate-covered sex.

I almost don't want to play it anymore, because I want to save it, much the same way I did the original comics.

If you don't know anything about The Walking Dead, it's an easy recommendation.

If you DO know something about TWD? Oh boy, do you need to play this. The fan goodies are, well, let's just say plentiful.;)

This is easily the first game I can honestly say I will be paying whatever they ask for future episodes. Just SEEING the covers has me so excited!

Until then, I will be playing the CRAP out of what I have, which will be easy, because the "replayability" on this title is IMMENSE.

tl;dr? Oh. My. God. GET THIS GAME.

DBC

6. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Agree with what you're saying DBC.

I'm hooked on the TV series because the Walking dead rules but this game is an excellent strategy game.

I'm not usually a big fan of RTS top down games but this is definately an exception. The art work and the amount of time and effort put into this game really shows.

Definately a must buy. Any fan of the series will love this.

On another note, the new console game will be coming out in March. Must buy for me :D

7. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    IGN is having a promotion on this game, free promo code at ign.com!

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I just wish that they would hurry up and put the additional stories out already! Not that they need to rush or anything, but it would be nice to have them out already and it has been a little time since the game came out, or at least it feels like it's been a little while, and new content would definitely keep this on the front burner for me! It is a great game! I just want more of it! Does that make me a bad person, hehe?

9. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I got a code from IGN as well. Yeah!

11. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

I have a spare promo, first person to PM me will get it. :)

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Any news on future chapters?

13. mcdogmeat

mcdogmeat Member

Mar 7, 2013
    No news yet on future chapters that I could find. But now that it's out for android now maybe they can focus on releasing the next chapter. Would love more story, characters, achievements and unlocks.

14. mejjos

mejjos Cancelled

Jul 26, 2012

Attached Files:

15. mejjos

mejjos Cancelled

Jul 26, 2012
    Can anyone tell if the images show new locations?
    Can't really tell myself, only image I could find from yesterday's NYCC panel on YouTube.

Attached Files:

16. mcdogmeat

mcdogmeat Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Game just went free... Hope this means a new chapter is hitting. This is still my favorite game on the iPhone right now.

17. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    Thanks for the heads-up. I've been waiting on buying this.

18. mcdogmeat

mcdogmeat Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Is this the second update in a week for minor bug fixes? Every time Touch Arcade alerts me the game has been updated I get excited... For nothing it seems. Stop teasing me devs!

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just got back to this app again and i'm really enjoying it. Shame that the 'future episodes' dont look to be coming.

But so far a lot of content, only played a few missions last time and then 'forgot' about it due to loads of other apps but love the way this looks like the comic books and the way you can zoom/in/out/spin the world around. Well worth picking up if you havent tried it before

20. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

It's a great game, but rather short as they at least intended to expand (which I don't thing they ever will...)