The Woods ~ Chapter 2 ~ [Horror Game] [Alan Wake with Driving]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThreeCubes, Jan 30, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Will this be playable on touch4?

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Yes we are aiming for the iPod 4g. Probably wont have the recording facility though. Actually having to buy a 4g this week for testing.

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #43 Rip73, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    I am very impressed with what you have shown us so far of this.
    Just on your earlier question, I think its good enough, different enough, to be a completely new app. It'd be we'll worth buying on its own. Or a suitable dlc add on to the current app.
    It's hard to balance things for early adopters so I see your problem but if it is so much bigger (and obviously better), new would be the way to go I think.
    As a new app, it would also increase the exposure of the first one, which is a win win really.

On an earlier point of adding it to original and increasing price, that would have a more negative impact outside of TA buyers. The wider audience don't like to pay too much and a price increase on the original would drop you further out of charts in my opinion.

In saying all that, it does indeed look very good and seems to have a very nice atmosphere to go with it. Well done, its a real nice job.

4. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well he doesn't really have to increase the price of the original, in case he decides to make it an update, he can just charge for chapter 2 as DLC.

I don't see people complaining about that, considering this update would be larger than the 1st chapter, but then again, iOS gamers complain about everything.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I personally wouldn't have a problem with either option, its all about the game and nothing to do with price as far as I'm concerned. But as you say, iOS gamers do tend to complain and price point for the bigger audience, beyond TA posters, is a major factor in success.
    And to hit as big an audience as possible does require the lowest possible price unfortunately.

6. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
  7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Sweet.threecubes is the ones to watch out for this year :)

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I am getting a lot more hyped for this.
    It looks top notch but even that short video has a lot of atmosphere.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    How come I keep missing stuff like this?

10. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks guys for the advice i think its looking like it will be a new app rather than an add on and i will update chapter one with some of the new features like video recording.

11. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks, Still a sci fi game in the works to but thats more like xmas time

12. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012

Trying to get the look of tracer rounds like this YouTube vid. It gets explained in game a but why you use tracer rounds

The car wobbling a lot was just to show off the dynamics

Thanks for your kind comments, it's good to get feed back!

13. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    You're kind of getting that look when the shots hit something, but the tracer bullet line itself looks like it travels a little slow .

14. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #54 tatoforever, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    Buddy (ThreeCubes),
    I didn't bough Chapter 1 but looking at the videos it pretty much looked as a slenderman kind of game. We applaud (and encourage) the 360 changes you are making in Chapter 2. Looks how the industry got almost killed the survival horror genre. Keep your game original and forget about what others are making (forget even what we are making) or what they say about your game. Follow your own path, follow your inner voice. If your game is original enough you wont have any competition (even with other survival horror games as ours).
    [EDIT] I strongly suggest you to remove the Alan Wake mentions in your thread subject (yes we got inspired by others games but your are not giving enough credits to your own creativity). :)
    Keep working hard.
    With Love from Psychoz Team.

15. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks Tato, there does seem to be a lack of horror games on iOS that are not slender based. Im taking a gradual approach to The Woods, adding deeper content with each chapter. Good luck with FM

16. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Sure, if that what your heart feels, go for it. :)
    Best of lucks.

17. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Get a room you 2. Lol just kidding :D

You're both great devs and I'm looking forward to both games.

18. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Keeps getting better and better... I am going to play more of the first right now. Sooooooo creepy....... 0.0

19. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks I'm still going to keep update chapter one so it will be we'll worth keeping an eye on it after chapter two is released. I'd also like to know what you think of the new control system from the last update.

20. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    About chapter one, this might sound stupid but what do you do when you've got all the pages? I've collected them all and gone the middle of the map where all the ghosts are standing in a circle, but I don't know what to do next, I stand there looking around until a ghost comes from behind and kills me :S