Have developers found a way to purge reviews on the app store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Oscar Streaker, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    #1 Oscar Streaker, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    Has anyone else noticed user reviews disappearing? It almost seems like some developers are resetting reviews on app updates, which would be a tricky way to clear old bad reviews with trivial changes to the app. I think I'm going to stop purchases until someone (Apple) explains it.:mad:

2. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Two things:
    1. App Store reviews aren't always accurate of how good the game is.
    2. If you want it for all versions (this does work) go to iTunes on your computer and the rating it shows is the rating from all versions...

3. Oscar Streaker

Dec 20, 2011
    I know they're not always an accurate indication of quality, but like a film review on rotten tomatoes you can get a clue from a preponderance like reviews. Also, my own posted ipad reviews are now gone. Just wondering what gives...

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    They may be on another page, or they could be for a prior version. I have not checked all my reviews, but I've never seen one of mine go away.

5. Oscar Streaker

Dec 20, 2011
    The version thing is a bit misleading. I've seen games do trivial updates where the description says "font change" or "bug fix" and all the reviews that had to do with game play get flushed.

6. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Yeah, but they're still there, if you dig down farther on your device or go to "all versions" on your computer. This is because they want you reviewing the game at its best. E.g. a game goes from being really crappy to being a solid game. Would it be fair to have all the reviews saying it's a crappy game still there on the first page when it's no longer as such???