Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Northrall

Northrall Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    Okay, so I just hit 1.5 mil. Was wondering if I should:

1. Upgrade Nova to lv. 6
    2. Start getting parts for Atom armor
    3. Get the M-27
    4. Save up for the crab or
    5. Save up for the Morpheus? (Laser shotgun ftw)

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #722 Drexiel, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    get the M-27, great for bosses, better than Nova for bosses actually.

What armor set do you currently have? I use Pegasus, but since the update I've been using Thunder set on all bosses (except Twin Mantis since I haven't played it yet)

My level 6 M-27 currenlty has 460 atk, and next upgrade for 4.2m gives 100 mmore atk. at .17 firerate, 460 is a LOT

3. Northrall

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    #723 Northrall, May 8, 2012
    I use the thunder set. With it, I've been able to down 2 IAP hybrids most of the time paired with the Nova. So m27 is good?

Oh and, wanna do twin mantis some other time?

4. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Am I doing something wrong? I can't seem to get onto multiplayer. I select it from the menu but it just keeps loading and says it can't connect.

5. Northrall

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    Is your phone's wifi turned on? The game will try to connect even if the wifi is turned off.

6. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Yes wifi is on, it's strange because I have never had problems like this with any other games.

7. Northrall

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    Can you post the error message?

8. stbassy

stbassy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 7, 2011
    Can someone give me a comparison or review for the weapons: energy glove, and laser canon ?

I've heard much about the sword and the bow, but these two I haven't heard much about.

(especially curious that the laser canon description reads "firerate 0.20" AND "short charge up time and a 5 s cool down" ... seems contradictory to me)

... they sooooo need an item that increases mithril drop rate. like... a 5 mill back pack that increases or guarantees 1 mithril drop every boss battle.

9. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #729 Asasnator, May 8, 2012
    Energy glove: Its a glove that shoots a energy fist, the fist will continue to grow in size the longer it travels, making it more likely to hit someone (or hit a wall and then disappear) so it has it's pros and cons, but it was the best weapon to use in PvP till they nerfed the HP for everyone. I want to clarify that I recently (like a week ago or so) saw someone using the Energy glove, but the fists did NOT increase in size the longer they traveled, so I'm just warning you that they may have changed the Energy glove. But I could have been mistaken.

Laser Cannon: Its a big cannon that fires a laser beam...and I would assume it does a consistent amount of damage but takes .2 seconds to start up. Also unlike any other weapon in the game, it can get overheated (which is a bad thing) from using it for a long period of time. Though you can tell how much you have charged your weapon, because as your firing it the icon that shows your weapon will start to fill up, so you need to stop firing every so often otherwise it will overheat and be unusable till it completely cools down. It's pro side is that its a laser beam..and well it's hard to miss your target when you have a big laser beam that you can turn at 360 degrees lol and it has, I would assume, unlimited range. Then on top of all that, it has the most damage out of every weapon. Just be careful how long you use it. =]

I hope they don't add an item like that. I really don't mind farming the bosses till they drop a mithril because now it is actually possible unlike before. What I hope they do is start making more bosses that have 4 mithrils and 5 mithrils on their icon on the top right corner. (meaning that they will be dropping more mithrils)

Just a heads up, I'm answering these questions as if you were referring to PvE not PvP.
    My two MOST used weapons are the Nova and the M-2781. I use the M-2781 the most, but I like to switch to the Nova when I'm running around trying to get places.

Atom parts are alright...I wouldn't bother getting them, get the thunder armor its much more effective for killing bosses. Or save up and get the new Cygni armor.

Yes, GET THE M-2781. You WILL be getting that weapon sooner or later because its by far the best for boss killing. I would even go as far to say its even better then the Laser Cannon at killing bosses...but I wouldn't for sure know since I don't have the weapon or haven't seen anyone with a fully upgraded version of it (at least I think).

I've heard some people like the Crab, which I can see how they would. I'm tempted to replace my Nova weapon with the Crab. It just does so much more damage and it has AoE affect. But you can easily last with the Nova as your secondary weapon. This is the weapon I would get if your wanting to have a good weapon, but be different from everyone else. The majority of people use M-2781 and Nova. (Like me, though I really am tempted to try out the Crab...) Though it's fire rate is pretty bad..which is the only reason I haven't got it yet.

DO NOT GET THE MORPHEUS. It is a COMPLETE waste of gold, and I will just clarify that ALL SHOTGUNS ARE WORTHLESS, do NOT buy any of them because you will be greatly disappointed. Sure it has a lot of damage, but it has NO range at all. You pretty much have to be on top of the monster to hit it, and since their are no funneling points in any of the maps you will easily get surrounded by aliens and your shotgun has horrible firerate. So you will die if you use a shotgun.

10. Northrall

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    I can understand why people like the crab. I duo'd siegfried once with a crab user. Siegfried died pretty fast. ._. So I'll get the crab once I have the money since I already bought the M-27

11. Invicious

Invicious Member

May 6, 2012
    #731 Invicious, May 8, 2012
    Just finished upgrading my M-2781! Nova is at level 6 and full thunder armor. Tough to decide if I finish the nova upgrade or start working on a new armor set.

This is for all you new people. These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself. Welcome to the Roughnecks!

12. Pezmage

Pezmage Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    Newish looking for pointers

Hey all,
    I just recently started playing this game, a week or two ago. Haven't really been playing it as much as I would like (having a 1 year old really digs into leisure time...) but was wondering if anyone had any pointers on ways to grind out gold. Is it better to keep slogging through the levels and get as far as I can, or should I hang back and grind out on the infinite waves?

I'm currently using a level 5 FL334AR, and it seems to pack enough punch for where I am, The Hive, though the energy consumption kind of digs into my gold earned. I almost have the entire Hydra set (missing the chest piece). PvP seems to be out of the question for me right now since I just get destroyed and I'm not high enough rank to buddy up with any of the boss runs (I'm rank 5 I think? and I assume I would just get my behind handed to me anyway).

So what would you guys suggest for just starting out? Are there any smallish IAP purchases that would get me moving at a much faster pace? I saw a backpack that give infinite energy that made my eyebrows jump. I'm not looking to dump tons of money into IAP if I can avoid it, but 5-10 bucks won't break me for a game that I'm really enjoying.

13. Northrall

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    #733 Northrall, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    Don't get the freedom pack. It might look good on paper but don't get it. As for money grinding, just finish the stages. When you finish a stage, they reward you with lots of gold. If you want you can grind the online mantis boss for some mithril.

Edit: Do you have the cutter? You can use that to grind the first stage's infinite wave. It packs a punch even if it's just at lv 2 to the aliens at the front lines.

14. Vitodawn

Vitodawn New Member

May 9, 2012
    Hey, anybody who's tried the big IAP weapons have any idea which ones are
    best for pvp? Ive tried the Trinity already, but are the energy glove and the windblade worth anything? any other weapons worth mentioning (Gatling is out of the question)?

Also, with the new update, disregarding IAP entirely, would the Cygni or Andromedae Armors be better? The Andromedae has better specs overall but a very unattractive -1 speed, while the Cygni has a full +2 speed...

15. Pezmage

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    I haven't picked up the cutter, I'll go ahead and give that a shot! Thanks for the advice.

16. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Windblade is awesome, one of the best purchases I made

Mine's level 6 with 575 POW, and next upgrades gives +125 POW for a total of 700 Pow at lvl 7.

As far as i know... the power glove is a forgotten weapon.

17. Pezmage

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    Maybe a stupid question but do the IAP weapons require IAP currency to upgrade?

18. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #738 Asasnator, May 9, 2012
    Well I don't exactly know what you should do for gold at your rank, depends on what you prefer I guess. You could either:

A: Farm infinite wave levels (I would recommend the lair since their are two hill on that level and you can stand up on them and fire down upon the aliens trying to walk up. Very easy way to rack up kills and gold since you don't have to worry about aliens spawning anywhere around you.)

B: This is what I do for gold. Do the boss seigfreid, but don't actually do the boss fight just hit the exit button at the top left of the screen and you will still keep everything you've earned. If you kill all of the aliens before the boss fight by yourself you can get around 150k+ gold each time (all depends on what armor your wearing, try to wear the armor that has the most increase gold %). Check out my 2 posts on page 46 of this thread.

Also, do NOT buy the infinite energy backpack. It isn't worth it because you will eventually start using the STK or the SAM backpack which are significantly better. The STK costs 700k gold, but gives you 30% POW, 2 SPD but increases your energy consumption by 50% or something. Though depending on your weapon and what level your doing, you could be losing money or making money because of the extra energy consumption. The SAM costs 60 mithril and it is definitely worth it, it gives you 25% more gold, 1 SPD, 20% POW and 25% more EXP. I would get this asap, very helpful for getting gold and ranking up.

19. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #739 Drexiel, May 9, 2012
    nope, you just need Mithril to buy the weapon, you use gold to upgrade

And Asasnator is right, the SAM is one of the best packs to get, and the STK is best for PvP (since in PvE you will get a +%50 Energy consumption increase)

I'm currently using the SAM with Pegasus or Thunder sets, with the Windblade and M-27, and tonight, I'm getting the crab.

EDIT: So I picked up the crab, just need to get it upgraded to make it competent and useful... but damn 90 energy per shot...

Anyways I'm looking for an useful low energy weapon... been thinking of the 30 mithril Assault Rifle... any good? It's just for PvE so i don't have to whip out the M-27 or the Nova(i hate the look of the weapon, plus im better off using the M-27 with that energy consumption)... I want a low energy yet useful weapon

20. Northrall

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    Anyone wanna do the serpent boss? People keep dying at the first part of the mission it's getting annoying. ._.