Abe's Odysee"new'n'tasty"coming to iOS in 2014!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Crabman, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Hi there,last week Lorne Lanning confirmed on his Facebook page that Abe's Odysee will find his way to iOS and android in 2014!

I couldn't be more excited because it's one of my alltime favorite games but unfortunately i don't have PS1/PS2 anymore (although i still have the Oddworld games for PS1^^)nor do i own a PS3 (and Microsoft was to dumb to bring it to 360*sick*).

you need a proof?Here we go ;-)

[​IMG]

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yes, indeed! I've read several months ago somewhere that this was finally coming out, and adjusted my antennae to receive it's signal! Looking forward to this big-time! Woooo-hoooo!! (*little tippy-toe whoop-de-doo dance here). :D

3. MolecularCloud

Sep 23, 2013
    That's right man!

I remember playing it in the old days. Even the demo version was quite challenging. I wonder how truthful will it be to the original.

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Holy.... My first game I played as baby on my fathers PS1 -- Demo1 that came packaged with the console. Those were the days! This is great news!!

5. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Stranger's Wrath is getting ported too...

6. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I just heard about Strangers Wrath being ported to iOS but the info about Abe's Odysee is totally new for me and i doublecheck a lot of newssites usually :)

Strangers Wrath is really not bad but miles behind the Abe games IMO.

7. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Where is anything mentioned about "new n tasty" .... Doesnt say anywhere

8. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #8 Crabman, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    1.New 'n'Tasty was the topic of Lornes facebook entry.
    2.He confirmed an iOS version AFTER the question about Abe's Odysee came up.
    3.Although he never mentioned it in one clear sentence,he did not deny any of the"Loving Abe,thanks for porting it to iOS"sentences.
    4.Do you think it would be just the PS1 version?Even on a PS2 it was easy to count the pixel ;) Afaik New'n'Tasty is not much more than just the old version with a new resolution and more 3D environments.As a 2D Platformer with it's"picture by picture"levels,it shouldn't be much of a problem to handle it on newer devices.

Strangers Wrath will be first on iOS and i don't get it.The core is still an ego shooter and we all now how "nice"this is to control on a touch screen.Good to see that he still owns the rights to the franchises,he's bringing it (Abe)to all platforms (except Xbox,lol)even Wii U and Linux.