Turn based strategy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by backtothis, Jul 13, 2009.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hey guyss

So...just wondering, which tbs game is actually worth playing and has replay value. I pretty much have them all but i can't say any of them stay too fun..maybe when mecho wars multiplayers comes out. But anyways what are the pros and cons of the tbs in yall's opinions: war generation, mecho wars, uniwars, any other y'all can name.

2. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Mecho Wars is the best- and it's on sale for .99 right now- you should definately pick it up if you're interested in the genre

3. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    IT
    Huge fan of TBS. War Generation and Uniwar are in my opinion, the best that are available right now. I know alot of folks like mechwars, but I'm personally not into the fantasy end of gaming. I do like the cut scene that mechwars uses though. It reminds me of Military Madness.
    The best TBS game for the IPhone/IPod, Rogue Planet, will be coming out soon.

We have so many TD games, a few RTS games, but hardly any really good TBS games out there.

Developers could really cash in going after that part of the market.

4. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    TBS is really vague. Chess is considered TBS.

But if you mean by tactical field turn-based...
    I dunno, I was disappointed by all the ones recently so I'm waiting for Rogue Planet.