I need a LOT of help...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by diffusion8r, Dec 22, 2009.

1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    $1.99 games are all the rage with some of the best being released or price changed recently. So I need an opinion. No pathetic comments please, I only need two at most of these games to fit into a budget from iTunes Cards I hope to get so I don't murder my bank account.

Out of these, along with my personal input, choose 2 which are recommended:

I Dig It: Expeditions
    Loved the lite, universal acclaim.

Ragdoll Legends
    from Knights Onrush and iDracula developers...I know nothing of the game but still would like an opinion.

Plushed
    I tested this but dropped out due to personal reasons, and from what I played of it the touch controls aren't great. Have they been fixed, and is the game worth it overall?

Little Metal Ball
    Seems very polished and fun, a hidden classic. Good compared to the rest?

Sword of Fargoal
    I liked...Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (there, I said it) when I was younger and this looks very polished with TA staff praising it very, very highly, more so than anything I've seen so far in the last 3 months. Worth the dimes?

Dead Strike
    I liked these sorts of games, but was disappointed by Fallen Ep1, and DeadStrike has a few comments about it being a tad rough.

Bounce On
    The graphics look a bit naff, yet it is praised by many. Help?

Doom Classic
    Not a 2 dollar game but still compared to the rest of these.

THANKS!

2. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Wow that's a tough choice.

Little Metal Ball for sure. It's a great game, lots of polish, great artwork, good controls, good replay value, and loads of fun

Then Sword of Fargoal or I Dig It depending on your genre preference

3. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Plushed- touch controls work perfect.
    Little Metal Ball- great labyrinth type game mixed with puzzle elements.

Both are amazing games with great graphics that I would definitely recommend. Bounce On is really good, too.

4. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    DOOM Classic and Sword of Fargoal

5. bweb

bweb Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Of that list, my favorite is Bounce on. Try the lite.
    Dead Strike, although a little quirky now, is soon to be updated. Also, the dev does a good job keeping in touch with us on the forum.

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    little metal ball is a lock btw
    Wait till dead strike gets its first update. That roughness if gonna go byebye

7. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Sword of Fargoal -- if you are into Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Izuna or other such dungeon crawlers, you'll probably enjoy this.

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I think Sword of Fargoal is an absolute definite yes, especially while it's only $2.

After that, I'd highly recommend Bounce On. It has TONS of content for the price, and just got Plus+ so there's leaderboards and achievements. It's hard, but satisfying and would probably last you a very long time. But... it's not for everyone, as I know some people just plain don't like it. So play the heck out of the lite version of Bounce On, and if you dig it then you can't go wrong while it's $2.

Then of course Doom Classic should get a nod, as well. One of the finest games ever made. The rest I don't have, but I got my eye on Little Metal Ball and Plushed, too.

9. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Bounce On is my favorite on the list by far. :)

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Little Metal Ball is awesome, Doom Classic is one of the only examples of a "full" game on the iPhone.

So... those.

11. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    do u already have jet car stunts, cause that is the best 2 dollar game i can think of

12. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    SoF, Bounce On and Plushed.

13. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Doom, I dig it

14. Faeryan

Faeryan Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Finland
    Me being an RPG fanatic I can only recommend Sword of Fargoal. I understood that you can spend quite a few hours on it so it's quite a good investment if you happen to like it.