Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Still coming soon! :(

2. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    The ending.........man :eek:

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    All you guys complaining about "Coming Soon...", I've had "Get" here for at least the last 27 hours and have still not managed to download the frickin' episode. *rages*

4. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I know...Frigging awesome game!!! I hope they make a season 2 cause the 5 episodes/story was very good.

No issues downloading episode 5 from Canada. Not sure why other countries are having issues.

5. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Im pretty sure that season 2 is real thing, although its not been officially announced.;)

6. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    There's not only a season 2 planned, PC/Mac and console gamers are asked to hold on to their season 1 game save files. Hmm?

7. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Sweet now we know what happens to Clem Clem after season 1

8. Supercupid

Supercupid Active Member

Dec 20, 2011
    The ending was awesome

9. Supercupid

Supercupid Active Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Don't ask cause I'm not telling just play the game and find out for yourself but great game

10. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Wow that ending... So sad.

11. Hardbattle

Hardbattle Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    All done - what a great game, and a great ending. It's not letting me delete chapter 5 though... Should I just delete the whole app now I've finished it, or would a potential next chapter (if one ever gets released) want to pull in my save game? What are you guys doing?

12. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    They're making a season 2,so I'd hold on to it

13. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Finally got the opportunity to finish the game today, and all I can say is WOW. I don't think I've ever played such an emotionally powerful game before. Had my eyes tearing up.

Not sure how Season 2 will match up (especially considering that Lee, the guy you play as, dies). They have a lot to work around. Lots of unanswered questions after Episode 5. The only way I could imagine Season 2 working out, would be to have us play as Kenny. many are assuming he died, but I just don't think Telltale would end it for him like that. There's always the other option of basing Season 2 off of a completely different story, but I doubt that would be as exciting. Guess we'll just have to wait.

14. I wa always under the impression that episode 5 is pretty much it for the series. That's how they planned the story to end.
    I doubt you'd play as any of the other established characters because you've been with Lee from the start. It just wouldn't feel right and would take a lot away from the experience.

If anything, they'd probably do a story with a whole new set of characters but again .. I don't think it would have the same impact.

15. SirGawaine

SirGawaine Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Malaysia
    I'm not sure where to post this but I was wondering whether I should get the iOS version or the PC/Mac version of this game. What I want to know is which form factor makes you more immersed in the storyline.

16. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    If you have an iPhone 4 it will run slow, it did on mine. On my iPhone 5 it runs fast as hell. I have the game for both the pc and the iOS. If you have an older device get it for the pc. (hopefully it's a decent pc and not something old like made in the year 2000 old). The game is done extremely well on both platforms.

17. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    The game is great on both platforms. If you have an old old iPhone/touch it will be slow. But if you have an ipad 2,3,4 and or iPhone 4S/5 you will be fine. I like the interaction of the interface with a touch screen a bit better, but both work fine.

18. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    If u saw how episode 5 ended, depending on how you played, you'll probably be playing season 2 as Clemintine

19. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    She's going to be a teenager in the second season I hear,but maybe it'll pick up where it left off after the credits,cause a lot of stuff is un answered

20. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Where did you hear that?

Telltale linked to this IGN article only yesterday on their FB Page, but were careful to point out that all these predictions are pure speculation.