Universal Beat Hazard Ultra (by Cold Beam Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    I can navigate from the main screen. I can't leave the perks screen. I can play one game the I go to the unlock perks screen where im stuck.

2. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    To the dev

the visuals are fine, but the controls are total unresponsive crap.

check out meteor blitz to see how its done.

keep it up

3. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    Has anyone purchased the gold ship?

4. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I wonder why Beat Hazard hasn't been mentioned on touch arcade news yet?

5. escapedturkey

Jun 24, 2011
    #105 escapedturkey, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    Yes, the gold ship is a must have! :)

Meteor Blitz is not a fair comparison; you move the world not the ship - the ship is always in the center. I am sure Starg will dine tune the controls. It is very exciting to have such a great developer working on an iOS game -- Beat Hazard has quite the loyal PC following.

6. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Controls are really the only flaw in this game. ;)

7. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Hmm needs more visualizations in the menu to go with your music. More ships that can be bought. I think most of the power buttons need to be moved slightly and have hit areas sizes tweaked. More Effects in game to go with the music. Like say sometimes instead of pulses coming from your fire, other things like spikes pop out at high pitches, and do surrounding damage? Btw great game!

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #108 awp69, Feb 10, 2012
    Well, you move the ship, it's just that it stays in the center and the world background moves as you fly over it. Still, I agree it isn't a fair comparison. A lot of people thing Meteor Blitz has the best controls of DSS on the store, but don't realize that it is probably easier to program the controls with the "background" moving.

Anyway, I have no problems with the controls in this game. Because of the game's speed, however, switching to "fixed" rather than floating controls seems to work MUCH better IMO.

My only issue is that when it gets hectic, it sometimes seems a bit unfair where enemies spawn.

9. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    I'll buy it later to support the dev. Thanks for the advice!

10. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    While to me, the controls can be improved...it's not bad and works well most if the time. To me, the iOS DSS with the best movement controls are PewPew 1/2 and Infinity Field. Especially with PewPew, I feel like I can weave as well as I want and deaths are my fault. ;)

11. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I am enjoying my music collection so much right now. Songs are now challenges aswell as enjoyment. I have been trying to levels on hardcore for a good few minutes now but I keep dieing near the end. The controls arent the best but I can work with them fine and the gameplay is brilliant.

12. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    The controls are as they were on pc except it was W,S,A,D or arrow keys to move, mouse to aim and shoot.

Also, if anyone is wondering how to unlock harder difficulties you have to unlocked them as a perk! I didnt know until i scrolled right to the bottom.

13. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I did as someone suggested and switched to fixed thumb sticks. I like it a lot better like this. I was wondering do you pick perks as you level up or what. And is that how you get the greyed out ones too.

14. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Has anyone tried/beaten suicide yet?

I tried insane and got my butt handed to me.

So far the two songs I've come across that really, really show of the music's manipulation of the game are Rope by Foo Fighters and Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine.

The craziest game I had was a remix of Love Lockdown by Kanye West.

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I honestly can't get over how amazing this game is. We saw some really great releases this week including Dariusblast and Dodonpachi Blissful Death and it's ridiculous how I'm just not getting any time with 'em because of this. So, so, so good.

16. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #116 GoofyJmaster., Feb 10, 2012
    IKR?

I actually decided not to buy Blissfull Death after becoming ridiculously addicted to this.

I played an 8 minute game on hardcore and thought I was going to go blind. I don't know what the max vols and pows are but I know I collected a lot. By the end of the time limit I had battled 3 of those huge dragons and and had three of those massive ships all on the screen at once by the very end.

Fun, fun, fun!!!

17. escapedturkey

Jun 24, 2011
    Parked, waiting to pick up wife in car. iPod Touch connected to car stereo playing Beat Hazard cranked up (windows closed to not annoy passersby). Loving it. :)

18. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I tried suicide mode, there are A LOT of enemies on screen, it's mean :(

19. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Lol.. Hard isn't bad to me...insane is hard. But suicide...hahaha..probably gonna keep trying from time to time just to beat it once.

20. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Agreed just played with London electricity and some old Roni size but I also found that deep Detroit techno works out real nice as well... Just stay away from dub step and this game it's a bit to abstract...