Blyss - A Calming Puzzle Journey [WIP]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dropout_Games, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dropout_Games

Dropout_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    Slow down with Blyss, a calming ambient puzzle game.

Description

Blyss is an elegant ambient procedural puzzle experience. Quite a definition there!

It's a self-evolving endless puzzle experience supported by ambient themes, with each having its own melody. These themes will enhance the gameplay by providing varied range of emotional experiences. While some themes will offer sadness and emptiness, others are happy and bright. Its very simple and clear with its gameplay objective, eliminate every single dot populating the screen and reach highest level you can. As the player delves deeper to the higher levels, more elements are introduced inside the game.

Studio

Dropout Games is a year old indie studio based in India. It was founded by 2 college dropouts who weren't happy with their game dev college and decided to take a different route all together. It's been a year since we started and have made one title called UNWYND. UNWYND's performance helped us financially and
    that indeed helped us expand our team further. Now we are 3 dropouts instead of 2 and we've been working on Blyss ever since. It's been around a year into Blyss' development and the game's in a good and showable state.

Features

- Self-Evolving endless gameplay with a perfect blend of frustrating and zen elements.
    - Procedurally generated grid based pattern system.
    - A simple combination based control scheme.
    - Multiple Ambient themes, with each one offering their own music and emotional appeal.
    - Advanced combo system for players to master and maximize their score.
    - Three Game Modes: Infinite Mode, Timed Mode and our very own receipe, "Play Ground Mode".
    - Special customized challenges for players to complete.
    - Challenge your friends and compete for best High Score with Game Center.
    - Additional complexity elements as player reaches higher level.
    - A premium game with no in-app purchases.

Updates

- Mountain Dreams Sound Track: https://soundcloud.com/user-574790896/mountain-dreams

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Been playing this game for the past week. It's great fun and a must have when it's out.

3. magamagic

magamagic Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    i dont unbderstand the concept on watching the trailer, i still didnt play i ll try it thanks for sharing

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I have written a preview of the game if you are interested. It goes through the basics of the game and as far as I am aware is the only one at the moment. I wont post it here because I dont think TA will approve. But you should be able to find it through the games twitter feed.

5. Dropout_Games

Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    Thank You for your kind words. It means a lot coming from a writer and a seasoned tester.

6. Dropout_Games

Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    Hello there. As Triggywiggy suggested, you can read his preview. It indeed is quite a preview with focus on the gameplay. If you're curious about it, we'd also be happy to send you a TestFlight invite for the next build which should be available somewhere around next week.

7. Dropout_Games

Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    expect an update soon and another tease very soon ;)

8. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Beta tested this game, its great so far!

9. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I would like to join the beta. Got any spaces left?

10. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    This looks wonderful! I am really looking forward to playing it. I like UNWYND a lot, btw!

11. Dropout_Games

Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    Happy to know that there's a UNWYND fan here. We've worked twice as hard on Blyss and it has turned out into a nice experience without the flaws that UNWYND had. I'm sure you'll love it.
    - Ankush

12. Dropout_Games

Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    Thanks for all the help dear Sloth! You've been a great support to us.

13. Dropout_Games

Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    Unfortunately we're not taking any signups at the moment.

14. joelkaka

joelkaka Member

Aug 10, 2014
    had to watch the video twice, but got it now. Truly serene. Music, animation really goes hand in hand to make the experience great.