The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Rezur

Rezur Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Speaking of which, I think we should start discussing all things Xbox.

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm trying my best, but Midian, Electric Shaman and Donovan aren't making it easy.

3. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    More like Rocketman, he butted in when I made a comment ages ago. Then it came to this.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah Rocketman kicked off with the fanboy crap. I've already started swaying it back to 360 with the ME2 article, talk about that or something.

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    So, how long did it take you guys to get your Xboxes back from repair? I'm trying to see if I have enough time to send it in if I'm getting Black Ops on day one.

6. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I think that mine took a week and a half or so. Can't really remember, though.

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Gahh... I'll be late for COD then... Crap. Well, I can wait a day or two... I guess.

Well, thanks for the answer. Let's just hope I can somehow get it running today or I'm shipping it off tomorrow.

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Mine took around 7-10 days.

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I got Deadly Premonition the other day for 360. Haven't tried it yet though.

10. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Actually, it's exactly what we were discussing, perhaps that's why you seem to be such a brick wall.

And now we're discussing Xbox games

11. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I wasn't going to say anything because it will just get this topic even more off track, but it is in no way my fault that the ps3 was brought in to this thread. That was 100% on you. I don't know if you realize that this is an xbox thread, but if you come in here and start talking about how the ps3 is better, you're gonna start shit. If you want to talk about ps3 stuff, go to the ps3 thread.

Also, a "fanboy" doesn't exist. It's called a ****ing opinion, and everyone is allowed to have one. So midian, shut the **** up and quit being such a hypocrite, because you really seem like a ps3 "fanboy" right now.

There, it's over, now back to the topic at hand. Nobody mention the ps3 in here again, ever.

12. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #2252 Electric_Shaman, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    If you can't identify what a fanboy is, then you must be a fanboy. Thems the rules.

13. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

The update arrives tomorrow. I know there's a good few things coming but not sure on the exact details.

14. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I quite like the Hot Persuit demo.

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    No, it's not over. It was, but you came back and started arguing, so now you're gonna get argued back at.

First the 'fanboy as a legitimate term' issue:
    The key word there is biased. Arrogance and ignorance also come into it, only Wikipedia's a little too polite for that. So let's call on Urban Dictionary:

Second: My entire argument was based around proving the two consoles are more or less equal and dismissing the ridiculous insults thrown between fans of the two competing companies. Calling me a fanboy is nothing short of desperation due to lack of any actual validity in what you're trying to say.

I'd like to say it's over now, but I fear you still don't understand.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I thought it was a bit weird... not what I expected after the Burnout Paradise controls. This feels more on rails... a bit like Split/Second. It was a kind of easy too, I came first in both events first try. I get the feeling I'll enjoy the full game more than the demo, especially if we get to free roam a bit.

17. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'm pretty crap at racing games as you know mate, but it did seem as you say. I'm sure I liked S/S more than you did. ;P
    Still, the cars in the demo weren't exactly much to get excited about. We'll just have to see how the game gets received in due course.

18. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I found it to control a little weird, you're going to fast to have any handling. I did not enjoy it, 'nuff said.

19. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Whoa. I leave for a day and the PS3 douchebags take over.

Midian and Rocketman both sound like complete trolls.

In other news, I made the decision to get Black Ops. One more week. Who's excited? :D

20. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    The "PS3 douchebags" are trying to rid this thread of "Xbox fanboys". I make on comment on a post and it turns into a flame-fest, all because Rocketman is an "Xbox fanboy". Midian really isn't that bad, Rocketman on the other hand apparently thinks PSN is broken and PS3 has crappy exclusives. If that's true, I would trade mine in for a 360. But sadly he has no info to back his "facts" up. I thought this was over until Rocketman made another post and I was all like,"Well, I guess it's not over, try to bring the thread back on topic". Anyway, let's stop the flaming.

In other news, Black Ops Zombies has been leaked, onto Youtube.

You are very welcome :)