Getting picture url on ios devices

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Connector, Aug 2, 2013.

1. On a pc using Chrome, I can right click to get a picture url (direct link).

How can I do this on an ipad? Safari and chrome both don't seem to have a copy picture url selection.

There must be a way to do this for pictures and vids.

Anyone know how? Thanks for your help.

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    In safari, find your image them tap the little arrow icon located on the bottom tab. Then tap the copy icon. Think that is the URL link, nit too sure.

3. I'm talking about a website that has alot of pictures or vids, there must be a way to get the direct urls, your way only gets the page url not the picture or video url.

This is easy to do on a pc, but man why so hard on safari or on an ipad or iphone?

Anyone know, or is this simple thing impossible?

4. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    Safari: Long press on the picture and select "Copy", then open a new tab and paste it into the address bar.

Chrome: Long press the picture and select "Open image in new tab." The image URL is in the address bar.

Not necessarily the "easy" way, but it seems to be the only one.

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Connector reply to your PM bro, or email me, or whatever. Dont leave me hanging?

6. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Thats weird... I've always had a section saying 'copy image URL' when I use Chrome on iOS... But then again I only use it for a certain type of browsing. I just tried it on a regular image and it didn't come up with that selection! Weird!

7. Sorry been so busy, am at X Games!!! My icade stuff was on hold, but I will be back soon enough. Until then, a couple of pictures...

Thanks, I will try the above, see if it works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    yeah, pretty easy to get the image url through the context menu on a long tap.

i tell you what irritates me thought.. you can't see the alt-text of an image in safari (the text that pop-ups when hovering with the pointer over an images).

9. Yuppers, worked that way, I tried that copy feature before to copy to another text file, but it didn't work that way, but the way you say works fine.

Thanks Slamman you da best! :)