Favorite CCG & Why..?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gquiller, Jan 12, 2017.

1. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    With the closing of Solforge, I was curious as to everyone's go to CCG & why?

There are far too many to choose from...

Thanks in advance & if it's been asked before, could someone direct me (there is no visible search on the app)?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hearthstone is king... IMO of course, along with the thousands of players online.

3. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Is it difficult to get into this late???

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You wont be able to compete at very high levels until you get better cards from packs. Fortunately, starting players has tons of options to earn free packs and cards.

There is also "standard" and "wild" modes in which standard is limited to the last few expansions only, while you can use all cards from all previous expansions as well in Wild mode. Standard makes it more accessible to new players having only to focus acquiring cards from the latest expansions. Like magic the gathering, standard sets change the more expansions come out.

Gameplay wise hearthstone is topnotch.

5. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    My personal problem with hearthstone is how RNG it is. So many cards seem to be luck based which I don't like.

I like PVZ heroes a lot. It's pretty fair so far, has a campaign and has two separate teams (you play as various plants vs various zombies. And each has an advantage, zombies can play tricks before the combat phase and plants use their cards after zombies play theirs.

6. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Shadowverse is the best CCG period, not just on mobile. Is extremely popular in Japan, getting bigger here every day, has an active community and is just a better version of the similar hearthstone gameplay with less rng.

It's also very f2p friendly, easy to collect and has a great arena mode.

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Hearthstone seemed okay, but I far prefer Magic the Gathering. Obviously some of the Hearthstone's differences in gameplay mechanics are designed to make the game play faster online, but that wasn't enough to make me like it as much as MTG.

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Code of Joker out of Japan
    It's an arcade game CCG which in of itself is fascinating but the pocket version on Japan mobile store is great and has that same arcade feel
    With time also factoring in and great PvP matchups it's an elite category of its own in my eyes

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    On iOS, I'd recommend trying out Hearthstone. (I don't have an iPad, that limits my choices a bit.)

If you haven't tried out deck-builders, Ascension is great fun on iOS.

Back to physical CCGs, I miss Legend of the 5 Rings...

10. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I second Shadowverse being a great CCG. It's an awesome alternative to Hearthstone, and you still generate the same amount of salt per loss!

11. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    My favourite was Hearthstone, played it from launch, then fell off the bandwagon a few months after.
    Just got jaded with it.
    I'm playing the iOS soft launch (Canada only at moment) Elder Scrolls legends, which has been out on PC for a year.
    There's a thread in iPad/iPhone games which has some very good reviews.
    Ive been playing it just over a week and have sunk nearly £20 pounds into it already.....just to play around with some decks.
    It's one to watch.