Skipping Turtles (Video sneak peek)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by leaptomobile, Jul 6, 2012.

1. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    #1 leaptomobile, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    We are excited to announce our upcoming game for iOS and Android. Skipping Turtles will be an exciting adventure game.

Skippy, a world famous skipping turtle has hung up his shell to enjoy retirement. He has heard rumors of Salty, the notorious salt water crocodile coming back from exile from the harsh outback of Australia. As he was relaxing, he could hear voices outside and then heard a knock at the door. He opened the door and saw a group of his friends with concerned looks on their faces.

Hops, a large red kangaroo explained to Skippy that Salty was back from exile and had brought back his minions to help him. Salty's plan is to reroute all the water to his exiled land through pipes and water slides, making it impossible for the other animals to survive without their precious water resources. Skippy's friends need him to come out of retirement and team up with his lifelong friend Snap, an alligator snapping turtle, to defeat Salty and restore peace again to the animals of Australia.

Join Skippy and his friends as they take on Salty in the Land Down Under.

Sign up on our website or like us on FB to receive a code for a free download when our game is launched.

www.skippingturtles.com
    www.facebook.com/skippingturtles

Attached Files:

2. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    This your first title? Wow, as soon as I saw this thread, I knew it would be a keeper! I've signed up on your official website, and just got my email to confirm. I have not liked your FaceBook page just yet, but I will get round to it. What release date are you planning on releasing the game? Will it be this month?

3. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    Hey skeletonlord,

Thank you for your support! We are very excited for this release. We hope to launch by the end of summer. We want to make sure it is done right before we release it.

Feel free to ask any questions and share with others. Here is a shot of Skippy.

Kevin

Attached Files:

4. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    #4 leaptomobile, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    Meet Snap, Skippy's lifelong friend and partner during their adventure to stop Salty and his minions.

Attached Files:

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This looks good, but the gameplay looks maybe a little simple? Could you tell me more about the controls?

6. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    Thank you for the feedback. I will be posting another video showing a better snapshot of the game flow and controls. Skipping Turtles will provide a challenging game play.

Stay tuned...

7. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    We would love and appreciate your feedback. We are also announcing a video contest. Make a video based on our video usingb props, costumes, etc and submit it. Winning video will be featured on our website and you will also be in our game credits.

8. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    #8 leaptomobile, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    Updated image of game

Skippy in action...

[​IMG]

9. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    Updated Trailer for Skipping Turtles for iOS (new content)

Hi LOLavi,

We have added a new trailer, giving a better look at the challenging gameplay. You will notice as he collects his 5th shell, the shell on his back changes as he enters the tube taking him to the underground level.

Thank you for your comments.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Looks nice so far :)

11. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    Updated Game Play Trailer

We added wooden support beams, music and acrobat movements for Skippy. What do you think?

12. Cmax

Cmax New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Game play?

How will the game be played?

13. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    Big Announcement

Due to an overwhelming response from everyone we have decided to extend the development of Skipping Turtles, offering additional levels, characters, and shells providing Skippy and Snap additional abilities. We have decided to utilize Kickstarter to fund the remainder of our design and development. Thank you or your support and time.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leaptomobile/skipping-turtles-adventure-game-for-ios

14. zamahazu

zamahazu Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Wall St
    One touch control? I think of as should add more feature, looks fun but almost so simple

15. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    Thank you for your comments. There will be multiple controls for speed/velocity and jumping. The additional levels we are working on will provide some challenging game play.

16. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    We have added a new reward for backers of Skipping Turtles. You can now be immortalized in our game forever.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leaptomobile/skipping-turtles-adventure-game-for-ios

17. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
  18. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    #18 leaptomobile, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  19. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
  20. leaptomobile