Star Command [universal) $2.99 >>> $1.99.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by one.sixty.four, Apr 5, 2014.

1. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota

Star Command

Star Command, LLC
    Build and command your own starship, hire your crew, and explore the universe, and defend against alien civilizations! …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Build and command your own starship, hire your crew, and explore the universe, and defend against alien civilizations! 4.5/5 - Maclife “...equal parts challenging and clever, making it a must-play for sci-fi strategy fans.” 4.5/5 - TouchArcade “Should you dive in immediately? Absolutely.” 4/5 - Appspy “If you're looking for a strategy title on the iOS that will keep you on your toes, Star Command should more than suffice.” • Universal App - iPad and iPhone included • Premium game - no in app purchase roadblocks • HD support for retina pixel goodness • Level your crew members up and earn new skills • Build a ship in your own image! • Four distinct ship hulls to choose from • Focus on tactical, science or engineering • Amazing soundtrack intensifies the action and exploration • Over 10 alien species to discover Brought to you in beautiful HD pixelated glory, Star Command brings to life the challenges and joys of managing a starship. Upgrade your ship, get out into the unknown and watch your crew die grizzly deaths all at your command. Strange and annoying alien civilizations await you at every turn. Manage each of your ships roles, focusing on science skills, tactical combat and ship engineering. Prevent alien invaders from taking over your ship and causing massive amounts of damage with sentry guns. Revive dying crew members with new rooms! And don’t forget that your decisions matter - an enemy made early could come back to haunt you later.
    Information
    Seller:Star Command, LLC
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:May 02, 2013
    Updated:Sep 03, 2022
    Version:1.3
    Size:107.8 MB
    User Rating: (137)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Should I buy this or FTL?

2. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    You know that there is only one answer to this question.....just 3 letters.

Star command is a neat little game, but really does not compare to the game its creators planned it to be, never mind the original game that inspired it.

FTL is the only game you need here....well worth the cash.

3. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

This game is broken. You can win simply letting you ship on fire. This is a poor FTL wannabe. It's not even worth for free.
    They're just trying to cash in with people who think ftl is too expensive.

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    The game isn't that bad. It's boring and linear, and you never really feel like you have control, but it's not terrible. Also the story and the pacing suck.

5. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I knew this would be the answer, but i figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks off the answer though!

6. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    There's some things SC does better but as a package it is not as rewarding or complete as FTL

7. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Darn, FTL is one those games you'd wish you have an iPad. :(

8. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Um, you do realize FTL is out for the iPad now, right?

9. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Am I the only person in the world that really enjoyed this game??
    Yeah it is just watered down ftl, but it I enjoyed the art style and story (side story mainly tbh)
    I'm looking forward to the upcoming expansion, and think that this game should be given a chance.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I enjoyed it a lot too, but it was a bit short. I really hope the much-promised expansion brings all the randomness, out teams and things like that. This game needs an infinite mode.

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I really liked this game too, played through it twice.

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What does Star Command do better than FTL?

iPadactuallyPlayedMoreStarCommandThanFTLDueToTheAirlockStrategy...

13. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    You know what, so did I, then I realised you couldn't get anything more (ship wise) after completing it... (Beat the game, you get 3 "medium" ships and... That's about it... No new weps, no new CREW RACES nothing (even though each race meant nothing...???))
    It was a pretty good placeholder for FTL at the time.... Yeah totally!??

14. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Well FTL is a lot like Star Command, except it is actually fun.

15. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Star Command is a more relaxed game with linear story and overall a parody of everything Sci-fi and modern ( from movies to games ).If you want some laughs from all the references get this game, but don't expect full blown story , random events or a long game.
    FTL on the other hand has much more depth and variety , but is also highly intense and frustrating most of the time.
    I still think Star Command is worth getting for Sci-fi fans that are "overwhelmed" with FTL, however don't think that it will be updated anymore.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #16 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    I'd rather say that Star Command wants to be like FTL and only achieves it on a 15-20%. FTL is a much, much better game.

On the other side, one thing I like a lot from Star Command is the minigames for shooting the weapons.

It seems devs are doing some improvements to the game (according to their FB page), so we might see updates. The problem, I believe, is that this must be a side job to get an extra income, so they take a lot to implement what they say they want to implement. That's my guess...

17. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    The only thing Star Command had going for it was that it was out and FTL wasn't.

Now it's got nothing, and I haven't had it installed in months and months anyway. It had better be a great update with great reviews for me to install it again.

18. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    To be honest, Commander got boring for me. I never finished the first play though.

19. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    This is on for a buck, since today.

20. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    What he means is that he, like me, doesn't have IPad.
    I want FTL, but i don't have the money for an iPad.