Rush City - New endless runner from Acceleroto!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Acceleroto, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Acceleroto

Acceleroto Well-Known Member

#1 Acceleroto, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    UPDATE: We just launched the web "demo" version here: http://rushcitygame.com/

Please give it a try and let us know what you think!

Launching Feb 23rd!!

[​IMG]

I’m happy to announce our next game, Rush City. It’s a 3d-rendered endless runner set in a dark & stormy city. You are the last survivor of your alien race...hunted by evil humans and their helicopters. Use the simple one touch controls to jump from building to building, duck under & jump over helicopters, bounce over other obstacles and collect piles of stars. It’s loaded with 30 challenging achievements grouped in sets of 3...you gain jump, acceleration and score buffs for completing each set. It’s integrated with iCade, iControlPad, iCloud achievement syncing, Game Center leaderboards & achievements, in-game high score indicators to see your friends’ scores as you pass them - and it’s a universal app!

Here’s a sneak peak trailer:

Rush City is waiting for review at Apple. We’re aiming for a launch later this month. Watch for the web version of the game in the coming weeks here: http://rushcitygame.com/

Thanks to all our TA fans! We’re looking forward to getting this game out to you!

2. CGSColin

CGSColin Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Been following the progress on Rush City since Bryan first started working on it, and it's looking quite good I have to say! Can't wait until it's out :)

3. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Looks great! Love the logo and icon especially.

4. WeHeartGames

WeHeartGames Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Game Designer
    Winnipeg, Canada
    \o/ Thanks Matt, that means a lot! I also can't wait to see this thing out in the wild. It's a ton of fun.

5. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    this game is too much fast...

6. Acceleroto

The trailer does show fast parts of the game to jam pack in the game content. Like most endless runners, the game starts out very manageable - easy even. Most of the clips from the trailer are showing content & difficulty available after several hours of gameplay. By the time you've played (and learned) the game for several hours, you'll be crushing it like the trailer clips. It's kind of like how they don't show you just walking from place to place in any World of Warcraft trailers. Make sense?

That brings up a good point though - would you want to see an "Intro to Rush City" type of gameplay sneak peak? Generally game fans post those within a few days of a game release, but it wouldn't be out of line for me to release one too. Thoughts?

Thanks for taking a look!

7. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    This looks awesome, I can't wait to play this.

8. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Looks pretty cool!

9. Acceleroto

Launching Feb 23rd!

Rush City was approved by Apple today! We're launching the game next Thursday, February 23rd!

Here's the icon:

[​IMG]

The web version will be launching next week also. Check back for more news!

10. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    Congrats Bryan! Can't wait to play!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woohoo! Another endless runner for my ipod! Looks good!

12. Acceleroto

I'm finalizing the iTunes screenshots today getting ready for the Rush City launch this Thursday. Here are some sneak peaks of some raw gameplay shots...

The web version is in final testing - expect it to launch this week too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Acceleroto

Play Rush City in your browser!

UPDATE: We just launched the web "demo" version here: http://rushcitygame.com/

Please give it a try and let us know what you think!

14. snake2332

snake2332 New Member

Nov 13, 2012
    iCade support non-existant?

iCade doesn't work with this game on iPad4 iOSv6.0.0. Any plans on fixing it? Or perhaps there is a trick to make it work.

15. Acceleroto

I'll do some research into that. I actually put off buying an iPad4 because I'm still perfectly happy with my 3. I'll see if I can replicate the problem.

Thanks for the heads up!