DoDonPachi Resurrection HD for iphone 4 and up Out March 15th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lumothesinner, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
  2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I wonder if they'll make Espgaluda II HD available on iPhone 4 as well? I'd be very happy to purchase HD versions of Cave's shooters.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Does "HD" mean it will have retina graphics, or does it mean it will be universal? I already have DoDonPachi Resurrection "non HD" and I don't own an iPad. If it means I'll get retina graphics I'd happily buy it again, but I don't want to throw the money buying the same thing again... Thanks

4. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I think so, if you run the Japanese PR announcement through a translator it sounds like that'll be getting a universal update (also iPhone 4/4S and iPad 2 only):
    http://www.cave.co.jp/news/20120309daihukkatsu/
    Yeah high res + universal, well high res for the most part. The backgrounds are just pixel doubled but everything else is high res, same way they've done it on the Xbox 360 and Espgaluda II HD. Not a huge deal since you don't really notice since it tends to be continuously panning and the screen tends to be covered with bullets. Joystiq put some screens up of it on the iPhone:
    http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/full/dodonpachi-resurrection-hd-ios#/0
    (click on "view full size" down in the lower right corner)

5. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Hey japtor, thanks so much for the link. I was unaware of the announcement, but I'm looking forward to playing some Cave shmups in high-res. It'd be sick if they announced Deathsmiles in HD also (probably wishful thinking, but we can all dream).

6. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Well DS has high res assets from the 360 release, I'd assume anything that already got a high res release in some form is a possible candidate. Otherwise Bug Princess/Mushi 1 is getting a HD release on 360 soon so I guess that's another possible one down the line, I think that'd be it for the existing iOS ports, I'm not sure if the 360 version of DDPDOJ/Blissful Death got the high res treatment or not.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    If it's iPad native, I'll buy it. Otherwise I'll wait for them to release an iPad version.

8. CharredDirt

CharredDirt Well-Known Member

I'm definitely a fan of twitchy japanese space shooters. But still, considering the wealth of games available of this type for the platform, this seems awful pricey, even at $10.99.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Bit annoyed as i bought DDonPachi Resurrection before, if i had known an HD version would have come out i would have waited. As much as i love the game i'm not paying out even more for a new enhanced version.

I've got all the Cave shooters but if 'Deathsmiles HD' comes out next week i wont be forking out more money for that as i've already got it. Wish i had waited now

10. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    It came out over a year ago, didn't it?

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Yea the non hd one came out a long time ago before we even knew they would do a hd version. I will pick this up since its my fav of all the cave games released so far.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Cool, thanks a lot. Then I'll re-buy the game. I think Cave nailed this game IMO.

13. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    I dont mind paying the same 7.99 or whatever it was for DDPR regular since this HD version is limited to a certain # of iOS devices, but charging that much is hard to go for. Especially when we have Dariusburst quality visuals being universal.

14. Mr-Fox

Mr-Fox Active Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Oh boy not again, they're really taking the p*** this time.

I love their games no question, but they have been inconsistent in releasing them on iOS. I'm actually wondering if the release of Bug Princess universal wasn't a "fortunate" mistake from their side... I mean we had DDBS iPhone only just after that :rolleyes:. Gamers keep asking them to release universal apps, I don't think they get it right by releasing HD full price version when an update for those who have it already would be more adequate :rolleyes:

15. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    I may choose to skip this if they separate the game into parts like they did with espgaluda. The whole phone mode and arcade mode separated.

16. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    DDP:R was August 2010. Assuming 512MB RAM is the requirement, the iPhone 4 would've been the only device capable of playing the HD versions at the time.

17. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    i do hope they plan on a HD version of deathsmiles

18. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Bah, this game and chaos rings in the same week. Why must companies conspire against my wallet like so?

19. ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Agreed 100%. I won't be supporting them anymore after doing crap like this. The original game was already expensive.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha. Going back and reading this now-a-days is pretty funny....
    If the market was then like it is now, how many of us would have literally thrown down even up to double or triple the original pricing for DDPR HD?

Anyway... just.... funny, funny....