Universal Everyday Spelunker (by Tozai Games, Inc.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squabs, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    0,89€

2. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I involuntarily twitch whenever I see the word 'spelunky', because the C64 original was INSANELY DIFFICULT. It was such a cool game, as a kid I was baffled as to why they had chosen to make it so ridiculously merciless.

Um, $4 and then IAP to buy more levels? Seriously?

3. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Hmm haven't read a lot real game experiences yet ( just a lot of people who know this game from the past) at the current price I am going to wait to see if some more reviews are coming in. 3,99 is ok if it is a good game , but if the difficulty level is frustrating instead of challenging I am not going to try this for the current price.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just bought it. It doesnt auto-rotate but its the way i want it , eg the home button on the right.

This is from the same makers as Lode Runner, found the controls on that to be way too big and the game screen was too small.

Think this isnt bad at all, not too many items cluttering up the screen. It seems like a 'rom/emulator' type of version perhaps.

Anyway its a good game for oldies who remember it the first time round, think newbies might be shocked how many times you die though !

Played a bit of the first level (and died a lot) but its a good old skool platforming type of game. Bit pricey but on the other hand to put it in perspective this game would have cost $12 on the Commodore 64 back in the 80's, so all these years later a mobile version for peanuts isnt bad at all

5. Markaroni

Markaroni Member

Oct 1, 2012
    #25 Markaroni, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    Just picked it up...GREAT GAME!I am from that era of pixelated platformers,although I do not remember this title.I had the Amiga,commodore 64,Atari,Calecovision etc. so I am always partial to these throwback games,they usually,if done right still hold true to form & can be just as entertaining & fun to play as the modern games of today.Ive only been playing for a short while and I have to say its a great challenge!That is the way games should be,a test to your hand-eye coordination,not just a smooth breeze right through! I have to ask,is there any way to have a option for a D-Pad/Joystick I think that would work perfect for this game,if not at least an option to move the '4' arrows...up,down,left,right closer together.THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION & GAME!

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This just got updated. Anyone still playing it? I want to take the plunge...

7. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    hey, I'm Charles Ingalls

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Haha!